Tablets will slowly gain acceptance in the enterprise, and in the long term could possibly could replace laptops as a primary computing device, a Dell executive said this week.
Windows Phone 7 (WP7) smartphones have been on sale for more than three weeks in the U.S. and seem to be producing little buzz and only so-so sales.
Dell has announced an ultraportable laptop with a new technology from Intel that sucks in outside air to keep the system quieter and cooler.
More than a third of American consumers planning to purchase a laptop in the next 90 days will buy from Apple, a market research company said this week.
Dell on Thursday reported a growth in profits and revenue for the third quarter of fiscal 2011, driven by strong demand for the company's commercial products.
Not content to gobble up smartphone market share, the Android operating system is poised to capture 15 per cent of the tablet market in 2011, according to IMS Research.
Dell Wednesday announced its first endpoint encryption product, along with the possibility of factory installation on certain Dell PCs.
The Dell Inspiron Duo tablet (or is it a netbook?) will be officially released November 23, <a href="http://news.cnet.com/8301-13924_3-20022898-64.html">CNET says</a>, citing "industry sources familiar with the launch plans."
Dell on Monday said it will start pushing out Google's Android 2.2 OS to Streak handheld devices, which had been criticized for carrying an old version of the Android OS.
EMC will buy network-attached storage (NAS) vendor, Isilon Systems, for about $US2.25 billion. Both companies' boards have approved the deal, which is expected to be finalized later this year.
Dell's Streak will soon be powered by Froyo! Dell announced that Froyo will begin rolling out Froyo to its half-tablet-half-smartphone Streak by the end of the month. The 5-inch smartphone-tablet crossover launched this summer, and originally shipped...
Dell on Thursday acknowledged that some of its recently shipped Venue Pro smartphones have issues relating to Wi-Fi connectivity and mislabeled batteries, and is offering customers replacements.
Once upon a time it was nice and simple. If you were in charge of corporate IT, you bought Microsoft. Serious quantities of computing power required a different solution, but for everything from mid-level enterprise down to desktops, Microsoft did th...
Dell is updating its Kace systems management products to help IT departments deal with the army of smartphones and tablets invading their company networks, Michael Dell said on Tuesday.
A little-noted announcement earlier this month could have huge implications for cloud take-up in smaller businesses. Dell has snapped up Boomi, a company that describes itself as a "cloud integrator."
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 2 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 3 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 4 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 5 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Dell’s Inspiron 27 7000 is the first Ryzen All-in-One PC, and it's upgradable too
- Intel's massive 18-core Core i9 chip starts a bloody battle for enthusiast PCs
- In Win's Winbot is a robotic interactive PC case
- Nvidia's Max-Q finally gives you GeForce GTX 1080 graphics in a thin-and-light laptop
- Launceston becomes Australia’s first gigabit city
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Asus launches laptops to start Computex 2017
- Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- CCSalesforce DeveloperNSW
- FTChange ManagerQLD
- CCJunior .NET DeveloperQLD
- FTTeam LeaderSA
- FTAppian DeveloperQLD
- CCTechnical Support EngineerNSW
- FTIT Systems EngineerTAS
- FTInformation Security ArchitectQLD
- FTSenior Java DeveloperVIC
- FTPMO LeadNSW
- FTWeb Content WriterACT
- TPIT Business AnalystNSW
- FTProject Control Analyst - PMOACT
- CCSenior Project CoordinatorNSW
- FTSenior iOS DeveloperNSW
- FTUrgent -Java Developer (Programmer). 3 different positionsACT
- FTScrum Master/Project ManagerQLD
- TPDatawarehouse Analyst/DeveloperSA
- TPAssistant Change Manager | System Implementation ProjectQLD
- FTSolution Architect - SecurityVIC
- FTPeopleSoft Campus Solution ConsultantNSW
- CCGun Java/ Full Stack Developer wanted...VIC