Rackspace will help enterprises build private clouds using the OpenStack cloud operating system, the company announced Tuesday. Meanwhile, Dell is seeking enterprises and service providers for proof-of-concept OpenStack trials with its Dell PowerEdge...
Our Top 5 laptops list for January 2011 is dominated by small and light notebooks from Dell, HP, Sony and Toshiba, ranging in size from 10.1in to 13.3in. However, we have also included the comparatively huge Medion Akoya E7216 (MD98550), which goes o...
The Samsung Galaxy Tab will be available soon in the United States through all four major wireless carriers.
Only a few weeks ago Dell was taking a beating over its tweener device, the Streak. But now ViewSonic is unveiling a similar mini tablet, the ViewPad 7, which is a phone with a 7-inch screen and 2.2 Android OS, or Froyo, cameras for front and back an...
Sling Media's small Slingbox 700U won one of three Best in Show awards given by the Industrial Designers Society of America (ISDA).
The price of entry-level monochrome laser printers is steadily dropping, with new models often able to be picked up for less than a comparable business inkjet. Although you lose colour printing, these laser printers offer significantly faster print s...
If Dell's cloud server lab is a candy shop for geeks, littered with components and exotic system designs, then Jimmy Pike is the Willy Wonka of servers.
You now have less than a month to pick up a new desktop PC or notebook before the end of the financial year. We've rounded up some EOFY deals that might save you a bit of coin, or even win you a prize (if you're lucky enough).
Everyone loves tablet gossip--blame it on our obsession with Apple's iPad--and today's rumor is a good one for Dell and Android fans.
Dell confirmed it is releasing an Android-based smartphone, called the Mini 3, in China and Brazil, but the company's lack of details about the handset makes it hard to get excited. Dell's unwillingness to share more about the Mini 3 also has me wond...
If Michael Dell decides to release a new Android-based handheld device, as the Wall Street Journal speculates he might, it will be his fourth try at entering the market and he will almost certainly fail, if his track record is a guide to his future.
So you thought Twitter was a waste of time? Just fun and games? Stupid even? Dell doesn't think so.
Reports that Dell might use Google's Android OS in a netbook raises questions about what the device might look like and whether Android is ready for use beyond smartphones.
The evolution of mini-laptops
A day after a leading industry analyst reported that Dell cancelled its smartphone due to lack of interest from cellular carriers, a new report says the PC maker's handset may be very much alive.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 2 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 3 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 4 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 5 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Huawei Watch 2 Classic Review: Good watch but a missed opportunity for Wear 2.0
- Far Cry 5's first trailer reveals religious cults and explosions in picturesque Montana
- Amazon is offering two free months of Music Unlimited to new subscribers
- This week in games: Red Dead Redemption 2 is delayed, Destiny 2 PC servers explained
- Any website can crash your Windows 7 or 8 PC with these four characters
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- MSI GE72 7RE Apache Pro gaming laptop review
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- FTBPM DeveloperNSW
- FTSr Infrastructure Automation EngineerACT
- CCBusiness Analyst - SalesforceVIC
- FTNetwork EngineerQLD
- FTSenior SharePoint Administrator. Location -ACTACT
- CCSenior Systems Engineer - WintelNSW
- FTTest CoordinatorACT
- FTFrontend DeveloperNSW
- FTIT Systems Specialists - Collaboration SystemsNSW
- FTSAP ISU Billing Consultant - FunctionalVIC
- CCGun Java/ Full Stack Developer wanted...VIC
- FTSystem Engineer - VMWare, UCS, NetAppVIC
- FTProcurement OfficerACT
- CCProject Manager Information ManagementQLD
- FTIntegration and Implementation SpecialistVIC
- CCProcess Improvement Specialist - TelcoVIC
- FTSales Client Services Manager (Mid-market)QLD
- CCDisaster Recovery SpecialistQLD
- CCSenior Network Architect l CCNP/CCIE R&S l Cisco ACINSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager IT Software & Primary HealthcareQLD
- FTIT Support / Desktop SupportSA
- FTTest AnalystSA
- FTReport Developer and Visualisation AnalystQLD