Oracle is making the open-source MySQL database more stable and feature-rich through a shift in development philosophy, MySQL Vice President of Engineering Tomas Ulin said during a keynote address Monday at the OpenWorld conference in San Francisco.
Speculation has been <a href="http://maxschireson.com/2011/09/29/oracle-does-nosql/">running rampant</a> that Oracle may introduce its own NoSQL database at the OpenWorld conference, <a href="http://www.infoworld.com/d/applications/oracle-openworlds-...
Percona has updated its version of MySQL so that the software's storage engine consumes less working memory, potentially increasing its suitability for tasks requiring an in-memory database, the company announced Friday.
The spectacle of Hewlett-Packard replacing CEO Leo Apotheker, who had been in the job just a year, with former eBay chief Meg Whitman this week all but obscured solid earnings reports from a range of enterprise software vendors including Oracle, Tibc...
Teradata is adding an appliance option for its Aster analytic database, giving it another potential weapon against rivals such as Oracle's Exadata, EMC's Greenplum and SAP's HANA.
EMC's Greenplum subsidiary today announced a new capability to its Hadoop Data Computing Appliance (DCA) that allows users to mix and match unstructured and structured data analytics platforms.
Oracle is hoping to capture the fancy of smaller companies enamored with its Exadata data-processing machine, announcing Wednesday the availability of a new database appliance configured for SMBs' needs and budgets.
Oracle has added additional commercial extensions to the enterprise edition of its open-source MySQL database, further differentiating it from the community version available to anyone at no charge.
The potential of SAP's HANA in-memory computing engine permeated the agenda and had attendees' tongues wagging this week at the Tech Ed conference in Las Vegas, but the technology still has some maturing to do.
The family of specialized applications for SAP's HANA (High-Performance Analytic Appliance) in-memory computing engine is growing, with a new application that allows utilities to crunch information from smart meters, and another that companies can us...
Oracle has updated the commercial edition of its MySQL database for Windows, adding a graphical installer and the ability to do failover clustering, the company announced Tuesday.
The National Security Agency has submitted new label-based data store software, called Accumulo, to the Apache Software Foundation, in hopes that other parties will further develop the technology for use in secure systems.
Augmenting its line of software to support cloud deployments, VMware has created a package for running the Postgres database in a virtualized environment, the company announced Monday.
The Transaction Processing Performance Council should add an additional metric for availability to its set of database performance benchmarks, Microsoft researchers plan to argue at the upcoming TPC conference, being held this week in Seattle.
Users of NoSQL databases and data processing frameworks such as CouchDB and Hadoop are deploying these new technologies for their speed, scalability and flexibility, judging from a number of sessions at the NoSQL Now conference being held this week i...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Join the newsletter!
- Microsoft's Surface Book 2 has a power problem
- This week in games: Battlefront II disables microtransactions, Total War goes to Britain
- Star Wars: Battlefront II review: The Dark Side
- iMovie 10 review: Free video editing that's elegant and easy
- Buffered VPN review: It gets the job done
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review
- Apple TV 4K review
- Legion Y520 Gaming Laptop review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCDevOps Automation SME - Telco ClientVIC
- FTProgram Manager - Technology & EngineeringOther
- FTPMO Project Coordinator, Multiple projectsOther
- CCBusiness Analysts - agileACT
- FTService Desk Analyst - L1Other
- FTNetwork ArchitectNSW
- FTPerformance EngineerOther
- FTWeb Developer / ProducerOther
- CCCloud Test EngineerNSW
- FTMid-Level Drupal Developer (Brisbane Location)Other
- TPTechnical Lead (Office 365)QLD
- FTSplunk EngineerACT
- CCIntel IT ArchitectNSW
- CCIT Senior Business AnalystNSW
- CCLean Six Sigma Process Improvement Specialist - MELBOURNEQLD
- CCSenior Project manager - Telecom IndustryVIC
- FTSoftware DeveloperOther
- FTJunior-Mid Level Java DeveloperQLD
- FTAccount Management/Customer Service - MULTIPLE ROLESSA
- TPSenior Business Analyst - ASAP StartQLD
- FTData AnalystOther
- FTManager, PortfolioOther
- CCDevOps Engineer - AWS, Jenkins, GitVIC
- TPBusiness Continuity Senior Associate/ IT AuditNSW
- FTICT Cloud Transformation Program Coordinator - SAPOther