Capturing public conversations around the world in real time, Twitter could be a valuable source of intelligence for the business world, so IBM is creating new ways to derive potentially valuable information from this massive, sprawling data set.
Czech startup SQLdep is hoping to simplify database changes and troubleshooting with its code analytics tool.
Hoping to enlarge its pool of corporate customers to include the enterprise market, startup BitYota will soon offer its data warehouse service on the Microsoft Azure cloud, thanks to a partnership between the two companies.
SAP has made a series of updates to its InfiniteInsight predictive modeling software and Lumira data-visualization tool in a bid to shore up its foothold in the analytics market.
Comparing commercial Hadoop big data-styled analysis systems might get a little easier, thanks to a new benchmark from the Transaction Processing Performance Council (TPC).
SAP has relaxed hardware requirements for using its Hana in-memory database platform for development and testing, in a move that could make existing Hana customers' operations easier and less expensive while also generating more Hana sales.
Google has found a way to stretch a data warehouse across multiple data centers, using an architecture its engineers developed that could pave the way for much larger, more reliable and more responsive cloud-based analysis systems.
Oracle has responded to a former employee's claim that a new in-memory processing option is turned on by default with the latest release of Database 12c, insisting that the process of enabling it requires a series of deliberate steps.
In the NLP (natural language processing) business for a while, Attensity sees an opportunity to get new customers with Q, a visualization tool it says can help non-technical users like marketers find insights in oceans of social media data.
Oracle CEO Larry Ellison is taking the fight to IBM, Microsoft and SAP in the burgeoning in-memory database market with a new option the company says can deliver dramatic performance boosts without requiring changes to applications.
Platfora is continuing to evolve its Hadoop-focused analytics platform with a series of features catering to various user roles, such as data scientists and business analysts.
Amazon Web Services has increased the number of simultaneous queries its hosted data warehouse Redshift can handle, improving performance in cases where many small queries are now forced to wait.
Teradata is hoping to gain ground in the hotly competitive data-warehousing and analytics market with QueryGrid, a new product that allows users to run a single SQL-based query across multiple data stores, from Teradata's own system to Hadoop and riv...
SAP is continuing to merge its HANA in-memory database platform with its Business Warehouse data warehousing software, with the latest update adding support for HANA's real-time data loading services.
SAP is introducing a set of new subscription pricing options for its Hana in-memory cloud computing platform, in a move that falls in step with the pay-as-you-go model common in the cloud computing industry.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 3 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 4 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
- The 10 best Android apps for Chromebooks
- This week in games: Homeworld's lost expansion returns, 15 minutes of Beyond Good & Evil 2
- The Steam Link is currently on sale for $15
- Kogan Agora 8 phone: Full, in-depth review
- Steam's Summer Sale kicks off with a $15 Steam Link, game discounts galore, and digital stickers
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- Ring Video Doorbell review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCTechnical Specialist - VirtualisationVIC
- FTNetwork Engineer - CISCOACT
- CCSenior Automation Test AnalystQLD
- FTTeam Leader/Assistant Director Information Technology Infrastructure Services (ITIS)ACT
- FTOrganizational Change ManagerACT
- CCTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- CCAPI Platform EngineerNSW
- TPProject ManagerQLD
- FTSenior Business Analyst - BI, Analytics and Data modellingOther
- FTIT Support EngineerNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystOther
- FTFull Stack Software DeveloperOther
- FTLinux Support EngineerOther
- CCInfrastructure Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTPeopleSoft Technical Campus Solution DeveloperOther
- FTFull Stack DeveloperNSW
- TPSenior Project ManagerACT
- CCTest Manager - Business IntelligenceNSW
- TPSenior Infrastructure Specialist (Windows)QLD
- CCSenior Automation Test AnalystNSW
- FTLevel 2/3 Application Support SpecialistQLD
- FTLean Six Sigma - Change ConsultantOther
- FTSystems Support EngineerOther
- FTSoftware Developer - Web ApplicationsOther
- FTIT Support Specialist - Level 2Other