The hack against Sony Pictures appeared to enter new territory on Friday when employees reportedly received messages threatening them and their families.
Women's clothing retailer Bebe Stores has become the latest national retailer to be hit by an attack on its credit card payment system.
A malware program with data wiping functionality that was recently used to attack Sony Pictures Entertainment bears technical similarities to destructive malware that affected organizations in South Korea and the Middle East in the past.
The destructive malware program that the FBI alerted some companies about this week was likely used against Sony Pictures Entertainment, according to technical evidence found by researchers in the program's code.
North Korea is most likely not responsible for the cyberattacks against Sony Pictures Entertainment, which saw thousands of sensitive internal documents released on the Web in a high-profile strike, experts said.
Cybercriminals are using malware designed to steal payment card information from point-of-sale systems to also infect ticket vending machines and electronic kiosks.
Home Depot spent US$43 million in its third quarter dealing with the fallout of one of the largest ever data breaches, highlighting the costly nature of security failures.
The U.S. National Security Agency is planning no major changes in its domestic telephone records collection program after a bill to rein in those efforts failed in the Senate this week, the agency's director said.
A consortium that develops guidelines for protecting payment card data is hoping that emerging security technologies will help prevent breaches that made this year one of the worst ever on the security front.
Four websites run by the U.S. National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration have been compromised in recent weeks, the agency said on Wednesday.
A multi-year study of cyberattacks against 10 activist and human rights groups shows they're hit with the same types of intrusions as large organizations but have far fewer resources to defend themselves.
A U.S. Postal Service data breach has potentially compromised the personal information of 800,000 employees, as well as some customers who contacted the government service.
Home Depot has shed more light on a recent data breach that compromised 56 million payment cards, saying hackers used login credentials belonging to another company to access its network. It also revealed that 53 million email addresses were also sto...
Pirate Bay co-founder Gottfrid Svartholm Warg has been sentenced by the Court of Frederiksberg in Denmark to three-and-a-half years in jail for hacking and serious vandalism.
The notoriety that comes with taking credit for a data breach is alluring. Declaring a successful data breach can suddenly bring a lot of attention, which is why posting bogus data is attractive.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Join the newsletter!
- Opinion: KRACK makes it clear who is and who isn't ready for the next big cyber security crisis
- Samsung unifies smart-home products with Bixby 2.0
- How Australian organisations can prevent cybercrime from taking a toll on their network
- Dyno Introduces Modular, Motorized Camera Slider System for GoPros, Small Cameras and Smartphones
- Apple & GE Announce IoT Partnership
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Jabra Elite Sport (2017) review
- How to download the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update right now
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTData EngineerOther
- CCTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- TPNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCJunior IT Project ManagerNSW
- FTCloud Engineer | AzureOther
- CCTechnical Business AnalystQLD
- FTEmail Campaign Production SpecialistOther
- FTPerformance Tester - Load RunnerACT
- FTSolutions Architect - Higher EducationOther
- FTChange ManagerOther
- FTCommunications Manager- Organisational Change ManagementOther
- CCMiddleware SpecialistNSW
- FTIntegration Developer (WebSphere)Other
- CCChange SpecialistQLD
- FTFront End Developer - Ractive.JS (Urgent)Other
- CCExperience / Service DesignerACT
- TPSoftware DeveloperSA
- FTBusiness AnalystOther
- FTSOE ArchitectOther
- CCTraining and Support LeadNSW
- FTGovernance Manager (Systems Assurance)Other
- CCSAP Finance AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Project ManagerOther
- FTCloud Infrastructure Architect - Townsville Location - PermQLD
- FTLead Business AnalystNSW