The data breach landscape could look very different in the future with the increased adoption of chip-enabled payment cards in North America -- but for now point-of-sale systems account for the majority of breaches there, compared to a tiny minority ...
A new malware program designed to steal payment card details from point-of-sale (PoS) systems is targeting businesses using Oracle Micros products.
The U.S. is investigating a massive data breach that exposed personal information on around 4 million federal government workers, according to news reports Thursday.
Finding stolen data on the Internet is often the first sign of a breach, and a Baltimore-based startup says it has developed a way to find that data faster and more securely.
Data breaches like the one just disclosed by the IRS aren't something any organization wishes for, but there's now even bigger financial incentive to avoid them than in the past.
Criminals stole sensitive information about roughly 100,000 taxpayers through the Internal Revenue Service's "Get Transcript" application, a major data breach at the U.S.'s national tax agency.
Cybercriminals are targeting employees who browse the Web or check their email from point-of-sale (PoS) computers, a risky but unfortunately common practice.
An unredacted version of a database said to be stolen from Adult Friend Finder is being offered for sale for 70 bitcoins, or around US$17,000.
Adult Friend Finder, one of the largest online dating sites, may have been breached more than two months ago, and the sensitive files -- include names, ages, email addresses, zip codes and more -- are apparently still online.
Sally Beauty Holdings has confirmed that hackers broke into its payment systems and stole customer card data. About a year ago the retail chain suffered a similar intrusion.
Cybercriminals are increasingly copying cyberespionage groups in using targeted attacks against their victims instead of large-scale, indiscriminate infection campaigns.
Sally Beauty Holdings said it is investigating another possible payment card breach, about a year after it reported a similar cyberattack.
Microsoft is betting that good security support will be key to keeping its enterprise customers from straying to rivals.
The Hard Rock Hotel and Casino, a 640-room hotel in Las Vegas, has warned payment cards may have been compromised over an eight-month period ending early last month.
SendGrid is resetting the passwords for all of its customers after an investigation showed a cyberattack it sustained earlier this month was more extensive than first realized.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 2 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 3 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 4 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 5 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Far Cry 5's first trailer reveals religious cults and explosions in picturesque Montana
- Amazon is offering two free months of Music Unlimited to new subscribers
- This week in games: Red Dead Redemption 2 is delayed, Destiny 2 PC servers explained
- Any website can crash your Windows 7 or 8 PC with these four characters
- AMD's new AM4 motherboard software cures Ryzen's memory headaches
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- MSI GE72 7RE Apache Pro gaming laptop review
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTEmail Marketing SpecialistVIC
- FTFull Stack DeveloperNSW
- CCGoogle Chromebook AdministratorNSW
- TPJunior Node.js DeveloperVIC
- CCUX DeveloperQLD
- FTSolution Architect - NetworksWA
- CCCloud Architect - AWSVIC
- FTJunior - Mid Level Technical Customer SupportQLD
- FTSoftware EngineerWA
- FTSolution Architect - NetworksVIC
- TPBusiness Analyst / Test CoordinatorQLD
- FTDevelopment LeadVIC
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- FTTest AnalystVIC
- FTXamarin DeveloperVIC
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- TPTechnical AnalystVIC
- FTEnterprise Architect - BusinessQLD
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FTApplication System EngineerACT
- CCDeployment Manager - TelcoVIC
- TPDigital Business AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Network Architect l CCNP/CCIE R&S l Cisco ACINSW