The Identity Theft Resource Center, which tracks data breaches, has counted 204 of them from January 1 to March 27.
data breach in pictures
Many companies have felt the effects of data theft over the last several years. It's 2014 and it doesn't look like the going is getting any easier. The technology sector seems most at risk with every week bringing the world another reported data breach. Here we look at the largest breaches in the last year.
We list the worst data breach incidents recorded by ITRC
It’s early but it has been a bad year for personal data exposure already
Uber has confirmed that in October 2016 hackers gained access to the licence numbers of 600,000 of its US drivers and the personal information of 57 million Uber users from around the world.
The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission has charged 32 defendants with fraud in an international scheme that used stolen, yet-to-be-published press releases from hacked websites to conduct stock trades.
Nine people face criminal charges in the U.S. for allegedly hacking three press release distributors and stealing yet-to-be-published announcements in a stock trading scheme that authorities say generated about US$30 million in illegal profits.
Retailer Fred's said Monday it found malware that collected payment card details on two of its servers, but it doesn't appear the data was removed from its systems.
Travel industry software maker Sabre is the latest company said to have been hit by the same hackers who recently attacked U.S. health insurer Anthem and the U.S. Office of Personnel Management (OPM), while American Airlines has been investigating it...
Police in Austin, Texas, set up sting operations with cars they have under surveillance, watching for thieves to break into them. Marcus J. Carey's Web service, HoneyDocs -- born in the same city -- uses the same concept, only with computer files.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Lumix G9 review: A mirrorless moulded to the needs of still-shooters
- 2 LG 65E7T Ultra HD OLED TV review: The South Korean thoroughbred is still first past the post
- 3 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Ring Video Doorbell review
Join the newsletter!
- Entering year three, Rainbow Six Siege is still the only true "next-gen" shooter
- Confirmed: AMD will loan chips to help with motherboard updates for Ryzen APUs
- Intel says it's been hit with 32 separate lawsuits over Spectre, Meltdown
- VPN Unlimited review: Good speeds, but what's with that map?
- Who should buy a Ryzen APU, and who shouldn't
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Is My Smart Speaker Always Listening?
- Sony a7R Mk III review: Full, in-depth review
- Monster Hunter World review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTMarketing Programs CoordinatorNSW
- CCInfoSphere SpecialistACT
- FTSolutions Architect - Business Process Solutions - MelbourneVIC
- FTSenior Business AnalystOther
- FTSolution Architect - PresalesACT
- FT.Net Developer (Full Stack)Other
- FTTechnical AnalystSA
- CCService Design LeadVIC
- FTWeb Application Developer - NodeJSOther
- CCSenior Systems AnalystACT
- CCFront-End DeveloperNSW
- FTSAP PI/PO Integration LeadOther
- TPScrum MasterNSW
- CCSenior Solution Architect - BankingVIC
- FTBusiness Analyst - Supply ChainOther
- FTBusiness Analyst - PEGAOther
- TPSenior Project Manager - Lotus Notes to O365VIC
- CCTeam / Process / Project Coordinator ? Telco ? 6 mth contract - Nth SydNSW
- CC.Net Developer - wealth platformVIC
- FTMid Level UX DesignerOther
- TPEL2 Informatica SpecialistACT
- CCIOS DeveloperNSW
- FTOrganisational Change ManagerOther
- CCBusiness Process AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Applications Project ManagerACT