The top five U.S. mobile operators have agreed to let their customers unlock their devices and move to another provider under pressure from the U.S. Congress and Federal Communications Commission.
Mobile carriers are opposed to the plan for a smartphone 'kill switch' that would render smartphones inoperable after they are stolen, claiming that it could be misused by hackers to block critical services.
The newly seated chairman of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission has told mobile operators to voluntarily ease up on cellphone unlocking or risk being forced to do so.
Two U.S. senators have introduced legislation that would permanently extend a current moratorium on Internet access taxes in the country.
U.S. President Barack Obama has directed federal agencies to take new steps toward sharing their wireless spectrum with commercial operators, in an effort to meet growing demands for mobile data services.
Judging from the number of people poring over their smartphones on the sidewalk, in their cars and in public places, mobile seems to have stolen our attention away from the wired Internet and traditional TV.
Internet communities are more trustworthy than some big corporations, but mobile is proving a hard nut to crack even for the best of them, actor and venture capitalist Ashton Kutcher told CTIA Wireless Thursday.
Ericsson may have a contender for oddest networking product if it commercializes the wireless bus windows it demonstrated at this week's CTIA Wireless trade show.
Wal-Mart plans to use big data about a customer's usual shopping to automatically create shopping lists for them on its mobile app.
Verizon Wireless is partnering with singer and actress Jennifer Lopez in creating a USretail distribution company that will offer Verizon's devices in stores and online destinations designed to appeal to Latino consumers.
If you've ever dropped, broken or drowned your mobile phone, Kyocera Wireless has a deal for you: two new waterproofed Android phones, one of them ruggedized, aimed at first-time smartphone buyers looking for affordable handsets. The products were an...
Mobile devices are getting hit by a boom in malware similar to the one that hit PCs starting with the rise of the Web, a security software executive said Tuesday.
New network software from Ericsson is designed to make sure mobile users get the best possible connection when there is both a Wi-Fi and a cellular network available.
Mobile operators collect huge amounts of data about how their subscribers use mobile data, and that information is starting to go on sale as targeted intelligence that enterprises can use to better reach consumers.
Mobile network builder Nokia Siemens Networks unveiled tools to optimize video performance on mobile devices on Monday, just in time for the CTIA Wireless trade show that begins Tuesday in Las Vegas.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 2 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 3 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 4 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- MSI GE62 7RD Apache gaming laptop review
- Tannenberg expands Verdun's World War I horrors to the Eastern front
- Audio-Technica ATH-AG1X review: A good gaming headset with one killer flaw
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- MSI GE72 7RE Apache Pro gaming laptop review
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- CCInfrastructure Business AnalystNSW
- FTSenior PHP Developer - SymfonyQLD
- FTSecurity Dev Ops and Java DeveloperVIC
- FTBusiness Analyst- Wollongong, Loftus, Sutherland ShireNSW
- CCSalesforce DeveloperNSW
- FTNetwork Deployment ManagerVIC
- FTIT Command Centre Support EngineerVIC
- CCPHP DeveloperNSW
- TPTrim Helpdesk AnalystVIC
- FTSystems EngineerNSW
- FTFull Stack DeveloperQLD
- CCdevOps EngineerNSW
- CCProcurement & Contract SpecialistNSW
- FTSenior Front End Developer - BRISBANEVIC
- FTEnterprise Architect - BusinessQLD
- FT.NET DeveloperNSW
- FTIT Systems Specialist- Database l Bathurst LocationNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Software Engineer - JavaQLD
- TPMS Access/SQL DBAQLD
- TPEnterprise Solutions ArchitectNSW
- FT.Net DeveloperNSW
- TPSenior .Net DeveloperSA
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD