Which is the best mainstream processor for $350
A six-core AMD CPU that's big on performance and easy on the bank account
The Intel Core i7 980X is Intel's latest six-core, 3.33GHz processor. It's also the fastest processor available to consumers.
Intel Core i5-661 is a CPU and graphics chip in one small package
CPUs in pictures
Intel yesterday had a fancy launch for its Core i3, Core i5 and Core i7 CPUs. With over a dozen vendors on hand to showcase their latest laptops, PCs and more, the event was the largest we've seen in some time and there was a suitably large crowd on hand to take it all in.
In a room cordoned off from the Mobile World Congress audience, Samsung was showing off untethered headsets that operates independent of smartphones.
AMD's Ryzen stand out: It will be about 10 percent smaller than Intel's Skylake and have a quad-core version.
Broadwell-E—and its rumored 10-core CPU—pops up on Intel’s support website.
Every time Intel announces new Xeon chips, server makers waste no time in announcing new products.
Quantum computing is now within closer reach thanks to a major breakthrough in which scientists have demonstrated for the first time that a key building block can be assembled.
AMD told us with its review sample that running the RyzenMaster overclocking and monitoring app while performing tests can make the test run slower (thereby proving a Quantum Theory) and they are correct.
AMD has been very excited about its new Ryzen processor which we were told offers 8 cores, superior performance and all at a superior price to Intel. We were hoping these claims were true as the lack of competition in this space has seen technology j...
Intel Core i3, Core i5, and Core i7 CPUs have been around for over a year now, but some buyers still get stumped whenever they attempt to build their own systems and are forced to choose among the three. With the more recent Sandy Bridge architecture...
QUESTION: My Windows 7 Home Premium computer has a quad-core processor and 4GB of RAM. I've not found any advantage to using four cores. How can I use the processor more effectively and allocate different processes to the individual cores?
Intel Core i3, Core i5, and Core i7 CPUs have been around for a few years now, but some buyers still get stumped whenever they attempt to build their own systems and are forced to choose among the three. With the more recent 7th Generation (Kaby Lake...
A few things have changed since the last time we completed a feature article on what to look for when buying a laptop, but the main thing we want to highlight for this particular article is processing technology. Intel has come along and redefined th...
For many of us computer users, a PC's CPU – or central processing unit – is an unseen device that we know little about. We’re bamboozled by numbers and frequencies ('gigahertz' or GHz) that do little to assist in our understanding of why one computer...
Whenever a hot new smartphone hits the market, one of the key specifications techies look at is its processor, which is primarily responsible for running the device's main computing functions and applications.
In honor of Towel Day, and the Glorious 25th of May, here are ten of our most favorite hacks featured in Geek Tech in the last five months, running the gambit from phone, car, and CPU mods. Read on for some great moments in geek!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 2 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 3 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 5 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- How to take screenshots in Windows 10
- The Pi Desktop kit transforms your Raspberry Pi into a stylish, SSD-powered mini-PC
- The Full Nerd episode 23: AMD Threadripper vs Intel Core i9, Radeon Vega is here(ish)
- Microsoft shows the power of its Pen with a new Whiteboard app and other upgrades
- Surface Pro is Microsoft's long-awaited Surface Pro 4 upgrade, restyled as a laptop
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Huawei P10 smartphone review
- Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- TPFront End .NET DeveloperQLD
- FTProgram SchedulerVIC
- FTSenior Business Analyst l GROUP LIFE INSURANCE l SydneyQLD
- CCBusiness Process AnalystNSW
- TPAV Design Specialist - Newcastle BasedNSW
- CCMaster Data Officer - SAPNSW
- FTSenior Drupal DeveloperQLD
- FTWintel EngineerACT
- FTEnterprise Architect - Network and TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCBusiness SpecialistVIC
- FTDatacentre Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCSplunk - Technical AnalystVIC
- FTService Desk Analyst Level 1 SupportQLD
- FTElectronic Payments POS Business Analyst - Permanent - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager IT HealthcareQLD
- FTTechnical WriterACT
- FTSharepoint AdministratorQLD
- CCSenior DeveloperNSW
- CCBlue Prism DeveloperVIC
- TPProject Manager - Change ManagementQLD
- CCEnd to End Project ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Infrastructure Engineer (Windows & Virtualization)VIC
- CCSenior Communications Advisor - Australian TelcoVIC