A six-core AMD CPU that's big on performance and easy on the bank account
cpu in pictures
Intel celebrated the launch of the Core i7 at a party in Sydney's Cruise bar. Intel boasted about releasing the fastest CPU on the planet, and provided some real-time demonstrations of video encoding and physics processing, with the Core i7 leaving the Core 2 Duo in its wake.
Intel passed on the opportunity to make chips for the first iPhone, and in May discontinued Atom smartphone chips after wasting billions trying to get them in handsets. The chip company instead started building a new mobile identity around its modems...
AMD now is looking to rally its dwindling fan base with a series of Zen-based chips this year for desktops, servers, and laptops. The hyped-up Zen chips are expected to be good, and even Intel readily acknowledges the stiff competition coming its way...
AMD's Zen chip is just around the corner; it'll first come to gaming systems any day now. There's a lot of excitement about Zen, which AMD believes is its most important chip this decade.
CPU performance increases were ignored for years, but AMD put them back on the map with its upcoming Zen chip. This has rubbed off on Intel in a good way.
Intel's has reached Kaby Lake with its PC chips but isn't done with the previous generation Skylake architecture quite yet.
AMD told us with its review sample that running the RyzenMaster overclocking and monitoring app while performing tests can make the test run slower (thereby proving a Quantum Theory) and they are correct.
AMD has been very excited about its new Ryzen processor which we were told offers 8 cores, superior performance and all at a superior price to Intel. We were hoping these claims were true as the lack of competition in this space has seen technology j...
When you're shopping for a new PC, don't meekly settle for the default processor recommended by the configurator. Picking the right CPU is a personal decision that you shouldn't enter into lightly. And with so many options to choose from, you need to...
Videos about cpu
Toys for Boys
MSI looks to add executive chic to a winning laptop formula
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel 4 XL review (2019): Full Resolution
- 2 Samsung Galaxy A70 Australian review
- 3 Google Pixel 3a review: Less is more
- 4 Moto G7 review: The new gold standard for budget buyers
- 5 JBL Free X review: Better battery life comes at a cost
Join the newsletter!
- Nomad Base Station Stand review: Easily the best-looking wireless charger I've used
- Motile M142 review: Ryzen finds a home in this surprisingly good budget notebook
- AMD soars to record Q4 earnings on Ryzen, Epyc sales
- How Warcraft III accidentally became a great Lord of the Rings game
- Here's how much the Motorola Razr will cost in Australia
PCW Evaluation Team
This smart laptop was enjoyable to use and great to work on – creating content was super simple.
It really doesn’t get more “gaming laptop” than this.
As the Maserati or BMW of laptops, it would fit perfectly in the hands of a professional needing firepower under the hood, sophistication and class on the surface, and gaming prowess (sports mode if you will) in between.
The MSI PS63 is an amazing laptop and I would definitely consider buying one in the future.
This small mobile printer is exactly what I need for invoicing and other jobs such as sending fellow tradesman details or step-by-step instructions that I can easily print off from my phone or the Web.
Microsoft Office continues to make a student’s life that little bit easier by offering reliable, easy to use, time-saving functionality, while continuing to develop new features that further enhance what is already a formidable collection of applications
- Oppo Reno2 Z review
- Google Pixel 4 XL review (2019): Full Resolution
- Samsung Galaxy Fold review: Show Off
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies