The U.S. Federal Communications Commission has begun a test run of a Google database of unused spectrum in the television bands that's available for wireless broadband.
Japanese camera manufacturer Canon has developed a large sensor chip for shooting video in extremely dim conditions.
Speculation about an Apple smart watch has taken off in recent weeks, but a new report suggests that the flexible displays expected to be used for the so-called iWatch won't be ready for three more years.
New reports from Asia suggest that Apple has cut back its chip and panel orders for its iPhone 5 as the launch of the next-generation iPhone, known as iPhone 5S or iPhone 6, grows nearer.
As the iPhone 5 nears its six-month mark (an eternity in electronics years), there remains a steady flow of new cases and protective accessories for it. Here are the latest.
A judge has ordered a partial retrial in Apple's patent lawsuit against Samsung in California, and has cut hundreds of millions of dollars from the $1 billion in damages that Apple was awarded last summer.
Guy Kawasaki, venture capitalist and former Apple chief evangelist, announced this week that he has taken on advisory work for Motorola Mobility - which is owned by rival Google.
Technology teardown site iFixit has published its first 'Tablet Repairability' list, ranking several popular tablets in terms of how easy they are to repair, including Apple's iPads, which have found themselves with scores that place them near the bo...
Now that there's a Samsung Galaxy S IV release date, are we getting less excited about the smartphone?
Finally. After months and months of hype, speculation, gossip and rumor, it's finally official: The Samsung Galaxy S IV has been released. Or, at least, it kind of feels like it has.
A steady stream of iPhone 5S and iPhone 6 concept images and videos continues to materialise, including a couple of new ones that envision Apple's latest designs looking more and more like some of Samsung's products.
Rumours have suggested that Apple could be preparing to launch three new iPhones this year, a low-cost iPhone mini, a bigger iPhone or 'iPhablet', and an iPhone 6. Based on those rumours, a new concept images have been created to illustrate what Appl...
This year's MWC may have been lacking in high-end smartphone launches, but the "W" stands for "world" and lower-cost models shown this week are needed to open up the mobile-phone market to more people globally.
A Tokyo court ruled Thursday that Apple did not infringe a Samsung patent, a small win for Apple in the continuing legal wrangling between the two companies.
General Dynamics is looking to bring U.S. government-level security to consumer smartphones, allowing organizations to benefit from the type of strong data protection only available on expensive and clunky mobile terminals.
Future iPhones could have a 'situational awareness module' that will enable the device to anticipate user needs, triggering particular functions based on environmental attributes, a new Apple patent filing reveals.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 2 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 3 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 4 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 5 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Far Cry 5's first trailer reveals religious cults and explosions in picturesque Montana
- Amazon is offering two free months of Music Unlimited to new subscribers
- This week in games: Red Dead Redemption 2 is delayed, Destiny 2 PC servers explained
- Any website can crash your Windows 7 or 8 PC with these four characters
- AMD's new AM4 motherboard software cures Ryzen's memory headaches
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- MSI GE72 7RE Apache Pro gaming laptop review
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTIT Support / Desktop SupportSA
- TPTechnical AnalystVIC
- FT.NET Web DeveloperSA
- CCSolution Designer with PEGA experience- TelcoVIC
- FTSecurity ConsultantNSW
- CCIT Systems Administrator-Bathurst or Port MacquarieNSW
- FTSales Client Services Manager (Mid-market)QLD
- CCSenior Systems EngineerVIC
- CCSoftware & Applications Programmer/DeveloperACT
- TPPrincipal Portfolio Officer - One Month Contract - DSITIQLD
- FTQlikview Developer | Contract 6-12mthVIC
- FTSenior Front End Developer - BRISBANEVIC
- FTSupport Engineer Level 3QLD
- TPSecurity AdvisorACT
- CCSenior Test Analyst- HPQC applicationNSW
- CCOrganisational Change ManagerQLD
- FTSoftware Licensing and Contract AnalystNSW
- FTProcurement OfficerACT
- CCTechnical Specialist - Cloud ServicesVIC
- FTSolution Architect - NetworksACT
- FTSales Client Services Manager (Mid-market)QLD
- CCSenior Network Architect - CCIEVIC
- FTDemand Release ManagerNSW
- CCJava / J2EE DeveloperVIC