Customers of Google cloud services who are concerned about security better get used to being unable to check out first-hand how well their data is being protected, a Google spokesman told a high-tech leadership council recently.
LAS VEGAS -- Vendors are increasingly trying to sell users on the idea that they need to stick RFID tags on IT equipment to keep track of it. Users are interested in this technology because they would much rather automate inventory tracking then go s...
Cisco today announced a multi-function security appliance that combines a firewall with VPN support, plus an intrusion-prevention system (IPS), to reach speeds up to 20 Gbps with 10,000 VPN connections and 350,000 connections per second. Apple posts ...
HP this week rolled out new and enhanced products and services across its networking, security and computing portfolios designed to improve the performance and delivery of application services to businesses.
How widespread is business use of cloud computing? The results of one survey published Tuesday suggest use of both public and private clouds has real momentum in the United States, with private cloud computing appearing to be more popular.
Cisco Tuesday unveiled new additions to its mobility product lines, including an entry-level 802.11n Wi-Fi access point, a mobile VPN client, and the first step toward extending virtual desktop environments to mobile devices in the field.
A start-up called CloudFlare has launched a cloud-based firewall that also improves website performance, and says it will release an enterprise version of its technology one year from now.
Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer received compensation in fiscal 2010 valued at $1.35 million, according to documents filed Thursday with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. His total package is up six per cent from 2009, when he received compens...
Microsoft released the second service pack for SQL Server 2008 this week, with support for up to 15,000 database partitions, updates to reporting and management tools, and integration with SharePoint 2010.
Network management vendor William Data Systems says it has created an iPhone app that lets users manage IBM's z/OS mainframe environment.
Research in Motion has apparently learned some lessons after the underwhelming response the company received to its BlackBerry Torch smartphone.
Cisco expects RIM's new BlackBerry PlayBook to do well among businesses moving toward tablets, and help to augment customer demand for Cisco's WebEx service and Unified Communications Manager platforms.
The technology employment outlook is slowly starting to improve, but the uptick in hiring has been modest and hasn't come close to making up for the IT jobs lost during the economic downturn of the past couple of years.
Weighing in on a seemingly perennial question asked by system administrators, IT analysts Osterman Research is recommending that virtual machines be defragmented just as often as physical drives.
TAMPA -- The U.S. military is taking cloud computing into rugged terrain in Afghanistan, where according to Lt. Gen. Richard Zahner, the basic hardware and software technology is being packed into mobile boxes that later this year will start to play ...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 2 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 3 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 4 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 5 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Huawei Watch 2 Classic Review: Good watch but a missed opportunity for Wear 2.0
- Far Cry 5's first trailer reveals religious cults and explosions in picturesque Montana
- Amazon is offering two free months of Music Unlimited to new subscribers
- This week in games: Red Dead Redemption 2 is delayed, Destiny 2 PC servers explained
- Any website can crash your Windows 7 or 8 PC with these four characters
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- MSI GE72 7RE Apache Pro gaming laptop review
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTSales Lead / Sales Executive - Enterprise IT Healthcare Perm - North RydeNSW
- FTSenior Software Engineer - JavaQLD
- CCJunior .NET DeveloperQLD
- CCSenior Systems EngineerQLD
- TPICT Customer Support OfficerNSW
- FTSenior Infrastructure Engineer (Windows & Virtualization)VIC
- FTChange Manager, Agile Environment, Financial ServicesNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCChange AnalystQLD
- FTTest AnalystVIC
- FTService Desk Analyst Level 2 SupportQLD
- FTClient Onboarding ManagerNSW
- CCFront End DeveloperQLD
- FTFull Stack DeveloperQLD
- FTAppian DeveloperQLD
- TPBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTService Delivery Manager - Telecommunications InfrastructureNSW
- FTEnterprise ArchitectVIC
- FTIntermediate Project ManagerQLD
- FTManual TesterACT
- FTSenior Front End Developer - BRISBANENSW
- TPBusiness Analyst - Change and Process ImprovementQLD
- TPChange Management - Multi-stream people change program**NSW