Windows 8 is Microsoft's best effort to catch up with Apple and grab tablet sales away from the iPad by including things iPads just don't have, according to Microsoft founder Bill Gates.
Microsoft may be revealing the second generation of its Surface tablets during its developers' conference next month, according to a printed report.
The truth is out there, in blurry, "leaked" photos of the iPad 5 rear shell, which is just the right size for the compost pile of iOSphere rumors. One thing seems certain: iPad 5 will be rectangular.
Starved for details, the iOSphere again turned to studying the dimension of third-party iPad 5 cases. That's right: products for a product that doesn't yet exist.
While the issue of size creep in Android phones hasn't exactly been ignored, big devices have become so commonplace that the discussion is largely academic at this point -- the vast majority of high-end Android phones are simply big. Deal with it, as...
The Third Law of Rumors says that the less you know, the more you can say. And the iOSphere this week swelled with iPad rumors that relied heavily on what people don't know.
Google today rolled out a redesign of its Play store for Android, changing the interface for smartphone and tablet users looking for apps and media content.
If you don't know what the Next iPad will be like, you can at least know when it's going to be announced. This week: the iPad 5 Dating Game, iOSphere-style.
While it's important to remember that the use of Google Android software in the enterprise is still a comparatively young phenomenon, there are a few general guidelines that businesses looking to use the platform would do well to remember.
In the iOSphere one doesn't need sources for rumours. Just unhinge one's imagination, propose a couple of untenable hypotheses, and deduce.
God bless you Mr. (or Ms.) "Inside Source at Apple," who has revealed to the Chosen One that iPad 5, and more, will be announced June 29, complete with "original passion, new ideas."
In light of speculation that the sales of the full-size Apple iPad have "collapsed," an informal and non-scientific poll of "iPad enterprises" and consultants shows instead some changing buying behaviors.
The iOSphere is gripped in a rumor drought regarding the iPad 5 and iPad mini 2. Most of this week's buzz was over a blogpost that claims an "April-ish" release for the Next iPads. Potentially. Maybe.
WAN optimization vendor Silver Peak last week announced a service that it proclaims speeds data transfers into Amazon's cloud by 100 times compared to not using Silver Peak's deduplication system.
The iOSphere resolutely ignored the Lessons of History and embraced, yet again, the conviction that iPad accessory manufacturers know what's really happening with the iPad 5 tablet computer.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 2 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 3 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 4 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 5 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- In Win's Winbot is a robotic interactive PC case
- Nvidia's Max-Q finally gives you GeForce GTX 1080 graphics in a thin-and-light laptop
- Launceston becomes Australia’s first gigabit city
- Asus' affordable but powerful VivoBook Pro 15 to offer Optane Memory
- Asus unveils the super slim ZenBook Flip S convertible
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Asus launches laptops to start Computex 2017
- Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTSenior Business AnalystACT
- TPSenior Web DeveloperQLD
- FTSolution ArchitectSA
- FTIntegration Developer (WebSphere Message Broker / Java)SA
- FTProject Manager or Coordinator - Retail Store ProjectsNSW
- FTSenior Infrastructure Business AnalystVIC
- FTGraduate Technical ConsultantACT
- FTField Engineer - Hardware DeploymentsNSW
- FTFrontend DeveloperNSW
- CCSAP Deployment ConsultantNSW
- FTIT Systems EngineerTAS
- FTWEB DesignerQLD
- CCJava / J2EE DeveloperVIC
- TPSenior Java Developer - Contract till June 2018QLD
- CCSalesforce Marketing CloudNSW
- TPInstructional DesignerVIC
- FTDatawarehouse DeveloperSA
- FTJunior .Net DeveloperNSW
- TPICT Customer Support Officer - ForsterNSW
- TPData AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Technical Consultant - RELOCATE TO CANBERRANSW
- TPTechnical Business AnalystQLD
- TPUAT CoordinatorQLD
- FTSenior Front End Developer - BRISBANEVIC