The computer hardware and software graphics market will grow in the coming years as applications become visually demanding, and employment opportunities in the field will expand, according to a study released on Tuesday.
Toshiba will soon launch the world's fastest SD cards, which will offer write speeds of up to 240MB/s.
Occupying a fantastic world where Charles Darwin meets Steve Jobs, steampunk-modded devices blend 19th- and early 20th-century styles with 21st-century tech. Get an eyeful of these cool and clever computers, cellphones, speakers and more.
LG Display has developed the world's thinnest full HD LCD display for smartphones, measuring just 2.2 millimeters thick.
From cool robots and unmanned aircraft to celebrity swatting and Moby Dick emoticons, it’s been an interesting high-tech year!
LG is using a new video to promote an event in New York City on Wednesday, 7 August, evidently to unveil its new Optimus G2 smartphone running a faster Snapdragon 800 processor.
Samsung Electronics predicted a big jump in profit for the second quarter compared to a year earlier, but the company's explosive growth is slowing amid signs its top end Galaxy smartphones are less popular than expected.
Although Microsoft took a pass on 1080p display support in Windows Phone 8, that support is looking more likely for later this year.
Intel's CTO and director of its labs Justin Rattner is stepping down to meet a requirement under the company's bylaws that employees cannot serve as corporate officers after the age of 65.
Japan's Sharp said Thursday it will team with a large Chinese manufacturer to build a factory in Nanjing and mass-produce LCD screens for TVs, computers and tablets.
Intel has shown a wireless technology it's cooking up in its labs that's supposed to make displays of all kinds more flexible and useful.
Japan's Sharp said Monday that it has received a second US$60 million investment from Qualcomm, as the two companies work together to mass produce low-power, high-performance displays for mobile devices.
The clumsily named Vizio 11.6" Windows 8 Tablet PC is now available for $600 but, if you're seriously considering a Windows 8 tablet right now, the best thing to do may be to wait.
Intel is now looking to the Android operating system as it breaks away from years of optimizing its top line of Core PC processors, including the recently launched Haswell processors, chiefly for Windows.
A U.S. researcher at IBM who invented the basic building block of the modern DRAM has been honored with a prestigious Japanese award and a US$500,000 prize.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- HTC U Play phone: full, in-depth review
- NSA ends surveillance tactic that pulled in US citizens' emails, texts
- Microsoft reinstates My People for Windows 10, connecting you to your BFFs
- This overclocked EVGA GTX 1050 Ti costs less than reference models
- This week in games: Forza Horizon 3 gets Hot Wheels, Terry Crews gets a wild Old Spice PC
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPSQL Server DeveloperNSW
- CCSolution Designer with PEGA experience- TelcoVIC
- FTProject Manager - Data MigrationNSW
- FTSystem Analyst - IntegrationQLD
- FTFull Stack DeveloperQLD
- CCSecurity ConsultantVIC
- FTSenior Sales Operations AnalystNSW
- TPProject Manager. Enterprise wide IT ProjectsNSW
- CCSoftware Licencing SpecialistNSW
- CCBusiness Project ManagerNSW
- TPIT Service ManagerNSW
- CCNetworks Engineer - SecurityVIC
- FTSenior Desktop Engineer - SCCM / AD / 2012 ServerNSW
- FTProject Manager - InfrastructureVIC
- FTSenior Project Manager (Wealth)NSW
- FTMidrange Application Developer (.Net)ACT
- CCArchitect/Senior Capacity Planner Network Engineering - TelcoVIC
- CCCommercial ManagerVIC
- FTSystems Development Assistant Team LeadNSW
- FTTechnical LeadVIC
- FTSenior / Lead AEM DeveloperNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTFront End .Net Developer. Permanent jobACT
- FTProject Engineer - Newcastle BasedNSW