Dropbox will continue beefing up the business version of its cloud storage and file sharing service, adding security features to shared links, full-text search capabilities and new tools for enterprise developers.
Cloud storage and file-sharing fever has hit Zimbra.
Microsoft will revamp its Office 365 lineup for small and midsize businesses (SMBs), adding features, dropping prices and increasing the flexibility to mix and match them with Office 365 plans for enterprises and with stand-alone applications.
Microsoft will bundle Yammer with more editions of Office 365, adding the enterprise social-networking product to the suite's editions for schools and midsize businesses.
In a great IT industry irony, enterprise social networking (ESN) software, designed to boost interaction and collaboration, is often ignored by users and ends up forgotten like the proverbial ghost town with rolling tumbleweeds.
In a scenario illustrative of Microsoft's tectonic shift to the cloud, Los Angeles County halted an on-premises Exchange upgrade to instead roll out Office 365 and its Exchange Online service.
Under pressure from Microsoft's Office 365, Google has launched a premium edition of Apps with unlimited cloud storage and extra IT controls, and has also improved the Docs office productivity suite.
Tibco has extended the integration between its Tibbr enterprise social networking suite and Microsoft's SharePoint collaboration server, and has linked it for the first time with the Outlook email and calendar client.
Box has added Notes, its lightweight note-taking tool, to the iPad and iPhone versions of its cloud storage application.
Microsoft will dramatically increase capacity and lower prices for OneDrive, increasing pressure on other cloud storage providers and also sweetening the deal for prospective and current Office 365 customers.
Microsoft will give Office 365 customers the option to receive new and improved features considered to be significant before they are made generally available.
Box has acquired Streem, a cloud storage and file-sharing startup that specializes in large media files and that has developed innovative technology for streaming that type of content.
Google confused end users and triggered a spike in support calls to Apps admins with the initial rollout of a security feature for the cloud suite.
Badgeville is promising buyers of the new edition of its gamification software that it will be easy to integrate it with four popular enterprise social collaboration products.
Google has redesigned the reports section of the Apps admin console, giving IT staff a lot more details about who's been using the online apps suite and how.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 3 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 4 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
- The 10 best Android apps for Chromebooks
- This week in games: Homeworld's lost expansion returns, 15 minutes of Beyond Good & Evil 2
- The Steam Link is currently on sale for $15
- Kogan Agora 8 phone: Full, in-depth review
- Steam's Summer Sale kicks off with a $15 Steam Link, game discounts galore, and digital stickers
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- Ring Video Doorbell review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCCloud Orchestration SpecialistNSW
- TPTest Analyst - Web ApplicationsQLD
- CCSecurity Solution Architect - Financial Services - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTSenior Operations Support OfficerACT
- FTSenior DevOps ConsultantOther
- FTBusiness Systems Analyst - SharepointOther
- FTFinance and PeopleSoft Project ManagerOther
- FTBusiness Development ManagerOther
- CCMultiple Front End Developers - BRISBANE | React.js | Angular.js | Node.js |NSW
- FTSenior iOS DeveloperWA
- FTSecurity Engineer - SIEMNSW
- FTJunior Java developer. Work Location - CanberraOther
- FTBusiness Analyst - RetailOther
- TPICT Customer Support Officer - MoreeNSW
- FTProject Manager-Rail/ Telecommunication /Electrical engineeringOther
- FTBig Data ArchitectOther
- CCJava DeveloperQLD
- FTDigital Business Analyst | PermanentQLD
- FTBusiness Analyst - TelecommunicationsOther
- CCSenior PMO AnalystNSW
- FTProject CoordinatorOther
- FTSystem EngineerNSW
- FTSolution Architect - CloudQLD
- FTProject CoordinatorSA