HP has designed a new portfolio of hardware, software, and services, aimed at reducing costs and saving resource, particularly for businesses involved in Web 2.0, cloud and high-performance computing.
To advance the adoption of the Hadoop technology for processing massive data sets, Yahoo will release a version of the software it has perfected to power many of its key sites and services.
Data warehousing vendor Greenplum on Monday rolled out its "Enterprise Data Cloud" initiative, a long-term product and methodology strategy meant to further the idea of "self-service" data warehousing.
The cloud computing business model is a threat to traditional information technology, but for end users, it carries a risk of "lock-in".
Google Docs, a hosted suite of office productivity applications, still has a ways to go in its development, but users can expect dramatic changes in the next 12 months.
HP and cloud application integrator Cast Iron Systems have ironed out a partnership linking Cast Iron software and HP hardware to help small and midsize businesses integrate cloud applications with their internally deployed systems.
The recent Interop Las Vegas had its bright spots: cloud computing generated genuine buzz; HP flexed its growing muscles; and dozens of innovative products were rolled out. However, there was no escaping the fact that the dour economy and significan...
A panel of experts yesterday said that more companies would look to cloud computing in the near future because of its potential cost savings and its ability to deliver flexible scaling.
U.S. government agencies want to use more cloud-computing services, but several hurdles still stand in the way, including the U.S. government's budgeting process and a lack of understanding of government's needs by vendors, three agency IT executives...
After eight months of hype VMware has finally delivered the update to its core virtualization platform, announcing Thursday that vSphere 4 is generally available worldwide.
Verizon Business on Wednesday gave customers of its Private IP services new options for managing and securing their networks with cloud-based tools.
Moving e-mail and collaboration applications to the cloud will drive the first wave of adoption of cloud computing in the enterprise, which is still in its nascent phase, company Chief Software Architect Ray Ozzie said Wednesday.
New auto-scaling, monitoring and load-balancing tools for Amazon's Elastic Compute Cloud are now in public beta, the company said Monday.
Jive Software launched on Monday a SaaS version of its enterprise collaboration suite designed to be easier and faster for organizations to set up.
Amazon is inviting students, educators and researchers to apply for grants that will give them free access to the company's hosted computing services.
Brought to you by Norton Symantec
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Nokia 6 (2018) review: Simple. Solid. Supreme.
- 2 Samsung Q9F Series QLED: Peak performance from a home entertainment heavyweight
- 3 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Ring Video Doorbell review
Join the newsletter!
- Five insights from our chat with Synology CTO Allen Kao
- 20 Essential Party Games On PC And Console To Play With Family And Friends
- Intel CEO resigns after probe of relationship with employee
- HyperX Elite RGB Keyboard + Pulsefire Surge RGB Gaming Mouse review: Solid hardware in a different light
- Nvidia to bring Shield TV to Australian market
PCW Evaluation Team
If you’re looking to invest in your next work horse laptop for work or home use, you can’t go wrong with the MSI GE63.
If you can afford the price tag, it is well worth the money. It out performs any other laptop I have tried for gaming, and the transportable design and incredible display also make it ideal for work.
Touch screen visibility and operation was great and easy to navigate. Each menu and sub-menu was in an understandable order and category
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
- Computex 2018: Everything you missed at Asia's biggest tech tradeshow
- Computex 2018: Nvidia launches new AI-focused hardware and software platforms
- Huawei P20 Pro review: See it and believe the hype
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies