Penguin Computing, which builds high-performance Linux clusters for tasks like weather modelling and product design, is taking its business into the cloud.
Cloud computing and flash-based storage, two of the fastest-growing technologies in IT, may drive each other forward as Internet-based service providers demand faster access to large amounts of data.
VMware has struck a deal to acquire enterprise Java vendor SpringSource for $US362 million.
Washington State breaks ground this month on a new data center and office complex that two state lawmakers have called a "mistake." A better approach, they argue, might include turning over some of the state's computing resources to commercial cloud ...
U.S. government IT spending is projected to grow to US$90 billion in 2014, up from $76 billion in 2009, with cloud computing and cybersecurity being high-growth areas, according to Input, an analysis and consulting firm focused on government contract...
Apple's iPhone App Store is a huge success, with over 50,000 mobile applications available and more than a billion downloads.
Three years ago, Carnegie Mellon University opened the Data Center Observatory – an answer to the ever-rising operational costs in IT. Administrative expenses were spiraling out of control because individual research groups within the university were...
"Cloud" has proliferated as the term for Internet-based computing resources because "everyone can draw one," according to Russ Daniels, the cloud services CTO at Hewlett-Packard, who just added CTO responsibilities at the company's Electronic Data Sy...
Engine Yard, which has specialized in Ruby on Rails application-hosting, is introducing a platform to extend SOA to the cloud. The company also is extending its Rails stack to the Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud platform, for quicker deployment of En...
It is still early in the year, but cloud computing already is shaping up as a key trend for 2009.
With Microsoft increasingly talking up cloud computing it is not unexpected that Avanade, the consultancy dedicated to using the Microsoft platform, and which was co-founded by Microsoft, is starting to talk up the benefits of running services in the...
Cloud computing may have overtaken SOA as the trendy technology term du jour, but the two concepts can be paired to bolster service deployments, industry experts say. With cloud computing, enterprises can access services hosted on third-party servers...
Salesforce.com is hoping to drive more interest from corporate developers and ISVs in its Force.com development platform by offering limited, no-cost access, the on-demand CRM (customer relationship management) vendor announced Monday.
Google has released an early version of a new type of database whose approach to data management will be revolutionary, according to an analyst who has studied the technology behind it.
Enterprises with at least 1,000 employees are more interested in cloud-based virtual servers than companies with fewer employees, Forrester Research says in a new report.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Join the newsletter!
- Microsoft's Surface Book 2 has a power problem
- This week in games: Battlefront II disables microtransactions, Total War goes to Britain
- Star Wars: Battlefront II review: The Dark Side
- iMovie 10 review: Free video editing that's elegant and easy
- Buffered VPN review: It gets the job done
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review
- Apple TV 4K review
- Legion Y520 Gaming Laptop review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSenior Business AnalystOther
- FTTechnical Business Analyst / Application Support AnalystOther
- CCWeb Applications Project ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness Process Improvement SpecialistNSW
- CCPHP DeveloperNSW
- CCDeployment ManagerNSW
- FTProject Manager - Data Centre refreshOther
- TPDigital StategistACT
- FT.NET DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Change ManagerVIC
- FTJunior Front End DeveloperOther
- FTChange ManagerOther
- CCSupply Master Data Analyst - Procurement & Supply Chain - TelcoVIC
- CCPHP DeveloperQLD
- FTBusiness AnalystOther
- FTPayments Business AnalystVIC
- FTRisk Specialist - 6 month contractOther
- FTTechnical Operations ManagerOther
- FTInfrastructure Solutions ArchitectOther
- FTDelphi DeveloperOther
- FTMid-Level Drupal Developer (Brisbane Location)Other
- FTNetwork Lead AcrhitectVIC
- TPTechnical Project CoordinatorVIC
- CCSenior Technical Business AnalystNSW
- CCInfrastructure Solution ArchitectNSW