Customer care calls for WiMax operator Clearwire will go to the Philippines after TeleTech Holdings, the outsourcing company that Clearwire hired last month, closes down the carrier's former call centers in the U.S.
Name: Venkat Prabhala
Vodafone ended on Friday a fractious relationship with its Indian joint venture partner, Essar Group, but will end up paying more than earlier planned for the partner's 33 percent stake in the mobile joint venture, Vodafone Essar.
On June 1, 1991, the first commercial calls over GSM were made in Finland and Sweden, Nokia Siemens and Ericsson noted Friday as they celebrated the anniversary by recollecting the early days of the technology.
LightSquared plans to start building its terrestrial wireless network soon, despite a regulatory approval process that has sparked vehement opposition from GPS vendors and won't be over until at least the middle of August.
There's little disagreement about what a test report expected this week will say about LightSquared's proposed LTE network: It knocks out GPS on many devices. There's far less consensus about what causes the problem and what to do about it.
Mobile startup LightSquared has gained another wholesale customer on Tuesday even as more critics joined a group that opposes LightSquared's planned LTE network on the grounds that it will interfere with GPS.
Instead of rejecting AT&T's proposed acquisition of T-Mobile USA, U.S. regulators should approve the deal with conditions that require AT&T to build out its mobile broadband network to more rural areas, said one telecom consultant and liberal...
Using commercial hardware, telecommunications equipment vendor Ericsson demonstrated LTE Advanced to regulators in Stockholm on Tuesday.
Alcatel-Lucent is charting a course to the next generation of carrier routers with new silicon that is focused today on delivering services from the edge of a network but could also power a massive packet engine for the core.
Swedish broadband equipment maker Tilgin has launched Simba, a platform for home gateways that can handle gigabit speeds. The availability of cheaper components has made developing Simba possible, the company said on Monday.
Mobile operators that want to bid on spectrum in the 2.6GHz and 800MHz bands in order to operate 4G (fourth generation) mobile services can now send in their applications, French regulator Arcep said on Wednesday.
Network neutrality advocates are hoping the rest of Europe will be inspired by the Dutch government's work to protect the Internet using legislation.
Ericsson has reached an agreement to acquire Telcordia Technologies for US$1.15 billion, the company said on Tuesday.
Nokia Siemens Networks is hoping more operators will start using QoS to offer differentiated mobile broadband services. But the technology will be a hard sell, because proving users are getting their money's worth will be difficult, Richard Webb, dir...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 2 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 3 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 4 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 5 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Launceston becomes Australia’s first gigabit city
- Asus' affordable but powerful VivoBook Pro 15 to offer Optane Memory
- Asus unveils the super slim ZenBook Flip S convertible
- Huawei Watch 2 Classic Review: Good watch but a missed opportunity for Wear 2.0
- Far Cry 5's first trailer reveals religious cults and explosions in picturesque Montana
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Asus launches laptops to start Computex 2017
- Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- TPSenior Consultant - ServiceNowNSW
- FTLooking for Lead Solution ArchitectACT
- CCMaster SchedulerACT
- FTSQL DBA SpecialistVIC
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCMid-level Business Process Analyst (Automation) - Contract - ParramattaNSW
- FTLead Software DeveloperWA
- FTInfrastructure EngineerACT
- TPWeb Developer - Front End focusQLD
- FTNetwork Engineer - IP routing & switchingNSW
- CCSenior Communications Advisor - Australian TelcoVIC
- FTSenior Front End Developer - BRISBANEWA
- CCProcurement & Contract SpecialistNSW
- FTApplication Support EngineerNSW
- FTLearning & Development Consultant, Wealth ManagementNSW
- CCFront End DeveloperQLD
- FTApplication Support Lead l Experience with health applicationsNSW
- TPDatawarehouse Test AnalystSA
- FTNetwork EngineerQLD
- CCOracle CCB DesignerVIC
- TPETL DeveloperNSW
- FTTest AnalystSA
- CCPHP DeveloperNSW
- FTDatabase Developer - SQLACT