Texas Instruments will lay off 1700 employees as it refocuses its efforts away from the wireless sector -- including cellphones and tablets -- and toward embedded systems, the company announced Wednesday.
Japan's Sharp is seeking an investment from U.S. chip giant Intel and other companies.
The U.S. and China are likely to resolve the conflict over potential security threats from Huawei Technologies' network equipment without a trade war, Cisco Systems chairman and CEO John Chambers said on Tuesday.
Cisco Systems posted higher revenue and profit in its fiscal first quarter despite weak orders in Europe, as results in the U.S. were strong, the networking company reported on Tuesday.
Intel is in final negotiations to invest up to $us500 million in struggling Sharp of Japan, Kyodo News agency reported Tuesday.
Oracle has taken a minority stake in Engine Yard, maker of a PaaS (platform as a service) for Ruby, PHP and Node.js applications, the company announced Tuesday. Financial terms were not disclosed.
Steven Sinofsky, the executive in charge of Microsoft's Windows 8 operating system and the driving force behind its new OS, is leaving the company, Microsoft announced late Monday.
Media reports that European Commission representatives had their computers hacked at the Internet Governance Forum in Baku last week have been vastly inflated.
The number and value of technology mergers and acquisitions is flattening out, mainly as a result of economic uncertainty, according to a PricewaterhouseCoopers report.
Cray on Friday agreed to acquire server maker Appro International for US$25 million in cash as it looks to strengthen its high-performance computing product portfolio.
Oracle on Thursday said it has agreed to acquire PPM (project portfolio management) software vendor Instantis, in a move that will build upon its past acquisition of Primavera. Terms of the deal, which is expected to be completed this year, were not ...
Sony said Thursday that the executive in charge of its online products, and linking them up to its broad hardware holdings, will leave the company at the end of the year.
Lenovo's net profit for the fiscal second quarter increased by only 13 per cent year-over-year, marking a shift from the high profit growth the company has previously seen.
Oracle is finding itself caught up in another Java-related patent lawsuit, but this time it's the one getting sued.
Nextel, an upstart mobile operator formed in the 1990s that attracted a loyal following in construction and other trades, looks set to disappear after Japan's Softbank buys 70 percent of Sprint Nextel.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 2 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 3 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 4 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- The top 3 Best DDR4 computer memory RAM kits in 2017 that you can buy right now
- Watch us play Vanquish on PC
- Microsoft's Beam becomes Mixer, adds four person split-screen streaming to battle Twitch
- Nvidia's new generation of powerful GeForce GTX Battlebox PCs finally embraces AMD
- How Thunderbolt 3 won the port wars
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- MSI GE72 7RE Apache Pro gaming laptop review
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- TPSenior Developer - API - Data ReportingNSW
- TPData AnalystVIC
- CCMDM DesignerVIC
- FTSenior Drupal DeveloperQLD
- FTJunior - Mid Level Technical Customer SupportQLD
- FTEnterprise Architect - Network and TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCICT Security Systems AdministratorNSW
- FTSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- FTClient Onboarding ManagerNSW
- FTCustomer Support Team LeadNSW
- FTMobile Apps TesterWA
- CCSenior Systems EngineerQLD
- FTEnterprise Architect - Network and TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTSplunk Software Developer | 6mth ContractVIC
- CCProcess Improvement Specialist - TelcoVIC
- TPAEM DeveloperNSW
- CCMaster Data Officer - SAPNSW
- TPIT Support AnalystNSW
- FTProject Control Analyst - PMOVIC
- TPAssistant Change Manager | System Implementation ProjectQLD
- TPSenior Sitecore Developer (.NET)QLD
- FTWireless Networking ConsultantNSW
- FTDisaster Recovery AnalystNSW
- FTFull Stack DeveloperNSW