Europe's plans for data protection reform came a step closer on Tuesday with the publication of two reports from the European Parliament.
Salesforce.com is being sued by a customer who claims the CRM (customer relationship management) software vendor's misrepresentations made their relationship go sour.
HTC's net profit for the fourth quarter of 2012 fell by 90 percent year-over-year, as the Taiwanese smartphone maker continues to struggle amid heated competition.
Lenovo is reorganizing its operations into two business groups, in an apparent move to leverage the company's ThinkPad brand to better compete in the market.
As the economy improves and at least some of the concerns about the so-called U.S. "fiscal cliff" are resolved, desire for new mobile, analytics and storage technology will drive IT spending this year, according to market researchers and economists.
Cisco Systems and NXP Semiconductors have both invested in connected car equipment vendor Cohda Wireless, as they look to make the Internet of things a reality and take a piece of a quickly growing market.
New York's state pension fund sued Qualcomm on Thursday in a bid to force the chipmaker to disclose its political contributions, which the fund argued is needed to ensure the contributions are in its shareholders' interests.
Hewlett-Packard will continue to evaluate potential divestitures of underperforming parts of its business, and the process could get messy, the company warned its investors in its annual 10-K document, which was filed in late December.
Imation, a storage and data security company, has acquired Nexsan, a vendor of disk-based storage systems, in a deal worth about US$120 million, the company announced.
A number of signs suggest that next year will see a surge in tech companies selling off assets and product lines for both financial and strategic reasons, according to a recent report by consulting firm PricewaterhouseCoopers.
Apple CEO Tim Cook received compensation totalling US$4.17 million in 2012, down 98.9 percent on last year -- although his 2011 compensation of $378 million consisted mostly of a one-off stock grant, worth $376.2 million at the time.
U.S. authorities have charged a former research analyst at a financial services firm with insider trading offenses related to the 2009 acquisition of software vendor SPSS by IBM.
Craig Mundie has left his role as Microsoft's chief research and strategy officer to become senior adviser to the CEO, as he winds down before retirement.
After starting amid the smoldering ruins of AT&T and T-Mobile USA's failed merger, 2012 ended as a big year for mobile carrier deals in the U.S., and possibly a final changing of the guard for a long time.
Taiwanese manufacturing giant Foxconn Electronics said it could integrate more camera features into its devices after making a US$200 million investment in a U.S. company that makes cameras for action sports enthusiasts.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Google explains why Android apps still aren't on Chromebooks
- HP's Envy 13 offers Surface Laptop features without the markup—or Windows 10 S
- HP's Spectre x2 may be the Surface Pro killer we've been waiting for
- Windows 10 S will not run Linux, even though it's a downloadable Windows app
- How Google Assistant, Home, and Lens will completely change the way you search
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Huawei P10 smartphone review
- Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- Moto G5 smartphone: full, in-depth review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTTest Manager / Test LeadQLD
- FTAccount Manager - Technology SolutionsNSW
- FTJava Technical Team LeadVIC
- CCReporting System Specialist - Port MacquarieNSW
- FTSenior Analyst - Rostering ProjectNSW
- FTSoftware TesterACT
- FTSales Client Services Manager (Mid-market)QLD
- FTUX / UI Designer MobileNSW
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- TPTechnical AnalystVIC
- TPImplementation Planner - Payroll PortfolioQLD
- TPTechnical Business AnalystQLD
- CCBusiness Analyst | Recruitment Focus | DocklandsVIC
- TPBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTAccounts and Office AdministratorNSW
- TPSenior Business Systems AnalystQLD
- FTDesktop Support EngineerSA
- FTProject Manager - ERP Experience NeededVIC
- FTFull Stack Developer - JavaNSW
- CCSSIS / SSRS DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Java DeveloperVIC
- TPICT Customer Support OfficerNSW
- TPAV Design Specialist - Newcastle BasedNSW
- CCSplunk Software DeveloperVIC