Apple reportedly is in talks with Microsoft to make Bing the default search engine on the iPhone's Safari Web browser, according to Business Week. The idea may sound surprising, but it shows how deep the ongoing battle between Google and Apple (which...
Microsoft announced plans to cut the length of time it stores IP addresses of Web searchers using its Bing search engine from 18 months to six in a bid to improve its privacy track record.
Microsoft continues to gain share in the search market, growing slightly faster in December than any of its competitors, according to a report by comScore.
Google Inc. continues to hold its own atop the search market despite being targeted by Microsoft Corp. and its well-received Bing search engine in recent months.
BlackBerry smartphone users on Verizon Wireless's U.S. cellular network may have noticed a small but significant change within their mobile web browsers in the past week or so: The only search engine option that's currently available to some Verizon ...
Those who want a little less Google on their iPhones will soon be able to put a lot more Bing on their handsets. Microsoft is prepping a Bing iPhone app for immediate release via Apple's App Store to give iPhone users a Google alternative.
A long time ago, in the mid-to-late 1990s, AltaVista was a major search engine, but with the rise of Google its popularity slid, eventually becoming irrelevant to most users.
A Mozilla official today pointed Firefox users to the extension that adds Microsoft's Bing to the list of the browser's search engines after Google's CEO downplayed consumers' privacy concerns.
A day after trumpeting various enhancements to Bing, including the beta version of an improved mapping service, Microsoft had to apologise for a widespread outage that kept the search engine offline for about 30 minutes on Thursday evening.
Microsoft is taking aim at one of Google's most popular services, Google Maps, with a richer version of its own online mapping service that was released in beta on Wednesday.
Microsoft has discussed paying News Corp. to remove its news Web sites from Google's search results and list them on its Bing search engine instead, The Financial Times reported Sunday on its Web site.
Google is publicly testing a new image search interface whose results, when clicked on, don't take users to an external Web page but instead display the clicked-upon image at the center of a radiating cluster of similar thumbnails.
Wolfram Alpha is a smart, computational take on the search engine, but its new partnership with Microsoft and its Bing search engine is even smarter.
Microsoft is rolling out some enhancements to its Bing search engine, including some that rely on computational information delivered by Wolfram Alpha.
In a little over two months, Microsoft's Steve Ballmer will mark the 10th anniversary of his tenure as CEO, a stretch of time where he has seen software, lawsuits, mergers, acquisitions and competitive battle royals come and go.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Join the newsletter!
- Thinking Big: Why Bold Ideas, Technology and Collaboration Help Bridge the Rural-Urban Divide
- Comodo Internet Security Pro 10 Review: It works well, but read every install screen closely
- Windows Defender review: Basic protection at the right price
- AVG Internet Security Review: A premium antivirus suite that you can put on all your household PCs
- Avast Premier review: An attractive antivirus suite with limited install options
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- iPhone 8
- Canon 6D MK II: Full, in-depth review
- Panasonic’s EX600U UHD HDR TV + HTB688 soundbar:
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTDelivery ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Digital Producer | 6 Month Contract roleNSW
- CCTechnical Lead - Infrastructure SMENSW
- FTCoach, Lean Startup & Design Thinking approachOther
- CCSenior Test Data Management ConsultantVIC
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperOther
- CC.Net DeveloperNSW
- FTService Desk Level 2 Support ConsultantACT
- CCProcess Improvement Manager (Black Belt)NSW
- CCAgile Business Analyst - BrisbaneVIC
- FTSCRUM Master, Digital Transformation, CXOther
- FTData Specialist - Government OrganisationVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTHR Analyst - Remuneration & PerformanceOther
- FTHelpdesk OfficerSA
- CCProject Manager - Office Expansion ProjectNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Office 365 ProjectOther
- FTCognos AdministratorOther
- TPSales Representative/Account Manager - Global CorporationNSW
- CCTraining and Support LeadVIC
- FTCloud Infrastructure Architect - Townsville Location - PermQLD
- CCNetwork Data AdminVIC
- FTScrum Master, Marketing ProgramOther
- FTApplication Support HP ALMACT