Despite rumors that Microsoft is about to kill Windows Phone, some industry observers say that's unlikely for several reasons, especially the expected gains from the rollout of Windows 10, which will run on smartphones and other devices.
Microsoft's Bing search engine may still be a bit player in the lucrative online search business dominated by Google, but it's slowly and steadily gaining users.
Given undistinguished history of Microsoft's late and unlamented Live Search engine, the predecessor to Bing, it's easy to dismiss Redmond as a hapless also-ran in the search market. But given the vast sums of money and resources that Microsoft is in...
Well, friends, sound the wedding bells: The longest-running courtship in the history of mankind has finally reached its climax. No July Fools' joke here -- Microsoft and Yahoo have agreed to tie the knot and form a search partnership.
Yahoo started out in 1994 as a ragtag site called "Jerry and David's Guide to the World Wide Web," named after founders Jerry Yang and David Filo who were at the time students at Stanford University.
Microsoft is gaining new ground with its freshly rebranded Bing search engine, some recently released data suggests. Bing, the research finds, grew 0.8 percent during its second week online.
Microsoft's first commercial for Bing, the company's recently rebranded search engine, is officially out in the wild. The inaugural Bing ad focuses on the notion of "search overload," suggesting Internet users have been "lost in the links" while Amer...
Now that its available, my first experiences with Microsoft Bing lead me to a simple, inescapable conclusion, "So what?" I had imagined that something as widely hyped as Bing would be a life-changing experience. It wasn't. Not even close.
At last, Bing has arrived. I tested a preview release of Microsoft's new search/decision engine, previously called Kumo, to see how well it compares. Here's a breakdown of its new features and how well they perform.
Microsoft's Steve Ballmer is expected to take the stage Thursday at the D: All Things D conference and debut Redmond's new search brand, codenamed Kumo.
Microsoft's planning to relaunch its Live search engine under the name "Bing," a recent report suggests.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 2 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 3 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 4 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 5 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Asus' affordable but powerful VivoBook Pro 15 to offer Optane Memory
- Asus unveils the super slim ZenBook Flip S convertible
- Huawei Watch 2 Classic Review: Good watch but a missed opportunity for Wear 2.0
- Far Cry 5's first trailer reveals religious cults and explosions in picturesque Montana
- Amazon is offering two free months of Music Unlimited to new subscribers
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Asus launches laptops to start Computex 2017
- Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTTechnical WriterVIC
- FTSenior SharePoint Administrator. Location -ACTACT
- CCPHP DeveloperNSW
- CCSQL Server Database Specialist l Bathurst LocationNSW
- CCBusiness Project Manager-Grant ManagementNSW
- CCCloud Architect - AzureVIC
- CCProject Manager Large ICT Enabled Business Change ProjectQLD
- CCDevOps Consultant - 12 month contractVIC
- TPWeb DeveloperSA
- FTDevOps Engineer | $90 p/hrVIC
- CCICT Security Systems AdministratorNSW
- TPICT Customer Support Officer - ForsterNSW
- FTReport Developer and Visualisation AnalystQLD
- TPICT Customer Support OfficerNSW
- FTImplementation Engineer - NetApp DATA ONTAPWA
- FTFrontend DeveloperNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerSA
- CCData AnalystNSW
- TPSenior Helpdesk Support OfficerQLD
- FTSenior DBANSW
- TPArcGIS DeveloperVIC
- FTDigital Business Analyst | Online BookingQLD
- FTSenior DeveloperNSW
- FTInfrastructure EngineerACT