Despite rumors that Microsoft is about to kill Windows Phone, some industry observers say that's unlikely for several reasons, especially the expected gains from the rollout of Windows 10, which will run on smartphones and other devices.
Microsoft's Bing search engine may still be a bit player in the lucrative online search business dominated by Google, but it's slowly and steadily gaining users.
Given undistinguished history of Microsoft's late and unlamented Live Search engine, the predecessor to Bing, it's easy to dismiss Redmond as a hapless also-ran in the search market. But given the vast sums of money and resources that Microsoft is in...
Well, friends, sound the wedding bells: The longest-running courtship in the history of mankind has finally reached its climax. No July Fools' joke here -- Microsoft and Yahoo have agreed to tie the knot and form a search partnership.
Yahoo started out in 1994 as a ragtag site called "Jerry and David's Guide to the World Wide Web," named after founders Jerry Yang and David Filo who were at the time students at Stanford University.
Microsoft is gaining new ground with its freshly rebranded Bing search engine, some recently released data suggests. Bing, the research finds, grew 0.8 percent during its second week online.
Microsoft's first commercial for Bing, the company's recently rebranded search engine, is officially out in the wild. The inaugural Bing ad focuses on the notion of "search overload," suggesting Internet users have been "lost in the links" while Amer...
Now that its available, my first experiences with Microsoft Bing lead me to a simple, inescapable conclusion, "So what?" I had imagined that something as widely hyped as Bing would be a life-changing experience. It wasn't. Not even close.
At last, Bing has arrived. I tested a preview release of Microsoft's new search/decision engine, previously called Kumo, to see how well it compares. Here's a breakdown of its new features and how well they perform.
Microsoft's Steve Ballmer is expected to take the stage Thursday at the D: All Things D conference and debut Redmond's new search brand, codenamed Kumo.
Microsoft's planning to relaunch its Live search engine under the name "Bing," a recent report suggests.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Join the newsletter!
- Opinion: KRACK makes it clear who is and who isn't ready for the next big cyber security crisis
- Samsung unifies smart-home products with Bixby 2.0
- How Australian organisations can prevent cybercrime from taking a toll on their network
- Dyno Introduces Modular, Motorized Camera Slider System for GoPros, Small Cameras and Smartphones
- Apple & GE Announce IoT Partnership
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Jabra Elite Sport (2017) review
- How to download the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update right now
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCSalesforce DeveloperNSW
- CCData Scientist - Telecom IndustryVIC
- FTSolutions Architect - Metering Systems / AMIOther
- FT.Net DeveloperACT
- CCMulesoft DeveloperVIC
- FTIT Service Management LeadQLD
- CCProject Manager - Office 365 Mail MigrationQLD
- FTRobotic Process Automation DeveloperOther
- FTDevops EngineerVIC
- TPSenior Service DeskVIC
- TPSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCWindows / Unix / Linux Systems Administration / Support SpecialistNSW
- CCMessageQueue/DataPower AdministratorACT
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- FTHealthcare Application Support Analyst role in MelbourneVIC
- FTProgram Manager - SaaSQLD
- FTService Desk Level 2 Support ConsultantOther
- TPICT Strategic Sourcing SpecialistQLD
- CCSenior Project ManagerACT
- FTFront-End Developer - BankingVIC
- FTService Desk Technical LeadOther
- CCSenior Analyst ProgrammerNSW
- TPProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCProject Manager x 2QLD
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics CRM DeveloperOther