Here's why the self-driving car of your dreams is a mirage, at least for the foreseeable future. But an iPhone that charges wirelessly? That might actually happen this year.
Panasonic's flexible Lithium-ion battery will maintain its electrical characteristics even after repeated bending.
Settings for screen brightness, low-power mode and more will help you last longer on a charge.
A French startup opened a crowdfunding campaign for a paper-thin sticker that adheres to the back of a smartphone or tablet, enabling wireless charging from a pad that handles multiple devices at the same time.
It's not ready for primetime yet, but work is under way to make wireless charging significantly faster at replenishing your battery.
Tesla said it will hold off on selling its 10kWh backup battery and instead sell only a 7kWh intermittent battery for homes.
Huawei has developed a prototype smartphone battery that can be recharged to half its capacity in just five minutes.
A new battery from Prieto Battery could provide five times more energy capacity
If you have used a laptop computer, you are aware that they generate a substantial amount of heat. The battery is one of the components that generates the most heat, and in the case of specific batteries from HP, the heat may be enough to spark a fir...
Two NASA astronauts today installed two new batteries on the International Space Station's solar array, which should keep the orbiter powered up for years to come.
Scientists from University of California, Berkeley have developed fiber nanogenerators that could harness the energy of your everyday movements and convert it into an electrical charge. Does your smartphone need a midday charge? Just go out for a run...
Panasonic announced on Tuesday that the company has begun manufacturing a new, safer laptop battery, which will hopefully reduce the number of battery recalls we have seen in recent years.
A new material developed by Taiwanese researchers aims to put an end to fires and explosions caused by the lithium-ion batteries commonly found in phones and other mobile devices.
Continued complaints by iPhone owners about fast-draining batteries have prompted Apple to ask some users to install power-logging software on their smartphones in an effort to diagnose the problem, according to messages on the company's support foru...
Battery manufacturer Duracell have revealed their very own wireless charging device, dubbed 'myGrid'.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 2 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 3 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 4 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- The top 3 Best DDR4 computer memory RAM kits in 2017 that you can buy right now
- Watch us play Vanquish on PC
- Microsoft's Beam becomes Mixer, adds four person split-screen streaming to battle Twitch
- Nvidia's new generation of powerful GeForce GTX Battlebox PCs finally embraces AMD
- How Thunderbolt 3 won the port wars
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- MSI GE72 7RE Apache Pro gaming laptop review
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- CCWintel Server EngineerNSW
- FTIntegration SpecialistQLD
- FTSenior Security Engineer x 3NSW
- FTSenior Infrastructure Engineer (Windows & Virtualization)VIC
- FTProject CoordinatorVIC
- FTTelecommunications Provisioning LeadQLD
- FTWeb Developer - Full Stack - VR 3D WebGLNSW
- CCNetwork EngineerVIC
- FTSoftware Development ManagerACT
- FTSenior Digital Developer - SitecoreQLD
- CCSalesforce DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Technical Consultant - RELOCATE TO CANBERRANSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTBPM DeveloperNSW
- TPReporting DeveloperWA
- CCProject Manager - Grant managementNSW
- TPTrim Helpdesk AnalystVIC
- TPDigital ProducerVIC
- FTSalesforce Marketing ConsultantNSW
- FTSenior Java DeveloperVIC
- FTInfrastructure Engineer - End User ComputingNSW
- TPSolution Architect - LIS ProgramQLD
- FTFrontend DeveloperNSW