A rural Alabama town and a suburban area of Florida may be on the cutting edge of a historic shift away from traditional circuit-switched phone service, if AT&T wins approval to run trials in those areas.
If you want to find out how the so-called Internet of things is shaking up the tech industry, Mobile World Congress in Barcelona is the place to be this week.
Chip vendors and device makers are readying the smartphones, hotspots and cars that will let users eventually enjoy higher download speeds with LTE-Advanced.
AT&T thawed out its international LTE data roaming on Monday, adding 13 more markets -- including Antigua and Barbuda -- to the places where its subscribers can use the high-speed cellular service.
Some Republican policymakers objected to a new U.S. Federal Communications Commission plan to reinstate its net neutrality rules after a court threw them out, but broadband providers appeared to be less concerned.
AT&T and IBM will start jointly offering services designed to help municipalities, utility companies and other organizations use "Internet of things" technologies to better manage their infrastructure.
Cable operators Comcast, Time Warner Cable and Charter Communications have joined forces and formed WifiForward, an organization that will work to protect existing unlicensed frequencies and get lawmakers to free up more spectrum.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission has voted to allow telecom carriers to run trials with Internet Protocol networks replacing traditional, copper-based telephone systems.
AT&T gained subscribers for both its mobile and high-speed wireline services in the fourth quarter, posting revenue and profit increases from a year earlier.
AT&T has said it doesn't intend to make an offer for Vodafone in the next six months, but that could change overnight if a competitor makes an offer.
rom $8.09 million in
Apple's "Find My iPhone" application led police in Silicon Valley to quickly arrest two suspected thieves after gadgets worth thousands of dollars were taken from a Palo Alto startup incubator.
The tech industry gave a mixed reaction Friday to President Obama's proposed government surveillance reforms, with some saying his plan for curtailing abuse left either glossed-over details or was unclear.
Keeping the Internet open is a high priority for the FCC -- so high that the agency will closely monitor the sponsored content program that AT&T announced this week for its mobile data network.
When AT&T technology and network chief John Donovan said on Monday that he felt good about the carrier's spectrum position, he had an extra reason for his optimism.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 3 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 4 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
- AMD, Nvidia coin mining graphics cards appear as gaming GPU shortage intensifies
- Akitio Node Cabinet review: Real, affordable graphics for your laptop
- 10 supremely useful Microsoft OneNote add-ins and tools
- Hands-on: How the Asus ROG GX501 Zephyrus performs with Nvidia's Max-Q technology
- OnePlus 5 review: This mid-range Android phone is speedy inside, but stale outside
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- Ring Video Doorbell review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTQuality Assurance Specialist | 50 p/hrOther
- CCSystems Specialist - Linux / Windows / Network l Port MacquarieQLD
- FTWintel EngineerSA
- FTRecruitment Consultant - Major AccountsOther
- FTTest AnalystSA
- CCProgram CoordinatorNSW
- CCBlack Belt - Improvement ManagerVIC
- FTBusiness Analyst - Cloud BIOther
- TPProject ManagerQLD
- FTDigital DesignerOther
- FTSenior Risk Analyst | 6mth ContractOther
- CCTechnical Support - L2ACT
- CCSystems Specialist - Linux / Windows / Network l Port MacquarieNSW
- FTJuniper EngineerOther
- CCHSE Reporting Analyst - TelcoVIC
- FTCommunications & Change AnalystOther
- FTPHP Developer / Software EngineerNSW
- FTIT Procurement Advisor | Financial ServicesQLD
- FTSoftware Asset Management Co-ordinatorOther
- FTSenior Program AnalystOther
- FTSystem EngineerNSW
- FTSystems EngineerOther
- FTSenior Software Engineer - Positive Vetting, NV2 or NV1 required!!!!SA
- FTProject OfficerSA
- CCTechnical Business AnalystNSW