ARM tried but had a disastrous outing in PCs starting with Linux-based smartbooks and then tablets with Windows RT.
ARM executives said other ARM licensees could follow Qualcomm's lead and emulate Intel's x86 instructions for Windows 10. For its part, ARM is busy with the connected car.
It's the early days for mobile virtual reality, and a robust VR-capable smartphone could cost you more than $500. But a new GPU from ARM could make VR a default feature in low-cost handsets by 2018.
Apple's A10 Fusion at the heart of the iPhone 7 is the most powerful chip ever to appear in a smartphone, the company claimed. Apple's new ARM processor allocates low-effort jobs to special low-powered cores, then ramps up the performance when needed...
A mobile chip faster than the one in flagship smartphones like Samsung's Galaxy S7 and LG's G5 will start appearing in handsets this quarter.
Qualcomm's upcoming server chips are being tested by top-tier cloud players, but now developers can also work with them through a new cloud service.
For a while it was hard to get a hand on an ARM, but that may not be the case soon.
IBM's Internet of Things platform can now work with IoT processors designed by ARM, thanks to a new partnership between the two companies.
Apple streaming service likely at WWDC...Intel shows Skylake tab in Taipei...ARM looks to IoT security, possible acquisition...and more tech news.
Every flagship smartphone you buy contains a processor designed by ARM. On Tuesday, ARM described what those flagship phones will look like in 2016 -- and they'll all be powered by its new chip, the Cortex A-72 processor.
Low battery consumption will be a key to success for IoT products, and chip makers are working on more frugal processors and microcontrollers to make that happen.
Chipmakers want to make hardware the first layer of defense against data breaches and other attacks on tablets and smartphones.
Advanced Micro Devices' first ARM chips code-named Seattle will not initially be compliant with specifications from the HSA Foundation, which can boost overall system performance, but support will be added in future generations of the server chips.
ARM's emerging challenge to the x86 architecture in the server space just picked up some serious momentum as AMD announced it will start shipping sample 64-bit ARM processors, along with associated development kits, to partners in the upcoming months...
With a lull in major tech earnings news this week, Intel's investor day and Salesforce.com's Dreamforce developer and partner conference gave market watchers plenty to mull over.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 3 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 4 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
- Steam's Summer Sale kicks off with a $15 Steam Link, game discounts galore, and digital stickers
- Hands-on: Surviving Mars captures the excitement and dread of launching a colony mission
- Dell XPS 15 (2017) review: Kaby Lake and a 4K display make a difference
- Ring Video Doorbell review
- Hands-on: Middle Earth: Shadow of War gets more creative with Tolkien's universe
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- Ring Video Doorbell review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCDesktop Support EngineerVIC
- FTChange AnalystOther
- CCTechnical Project Manager - CloudNSW
- FTTechnical Lead Front-endNSW
- CCPerformance TesterNSW
- FTApplication Support AnalystOther
- FTSecurity Engineer - SIEMNSW
- FTPrincipal Consultant / Account Delivery Executive.Other
- TPData Analyst/MungerVIC
- FTSenior Data AnalystOther
- FTEmail Marketing SpecialistOther
- TPTest Analyst - Web ApplicationsQLD
- FTSenior Business Consultant - FinanceQLD
- FTProject Manager or Coordinator - Retail Store ProjectsOther
- FTContracts Admin/ Commercial Analyst- NSW Government backgroundOther
- TPTechnical Business AnalystQLD
- FTOperations and Infrastructure Manager -NationalOther
- CCSolaris Migration SpecialistACT
- FTWintel EngineerSA
- FTSenior PHP Developer - Symfony 2QLD
- CCSenior IT Project ManagerNSW
- TPUAT CoordinatorQLD
- FTProject - PMO - ManagerNSW
- FTReporting AnalystSA
- FTSenior .Net Full Stack DeveloperOther