Fake antivirus software is becoming more prevalent on the Internet, with its creators using clever methods to fool users into installing the programs, according to a new report from Google.
After distributing a buggy antivirus update that apparently disabled hundreds of thousands of computers on Wednesday, McAfee is still at a loss to explain exactly what happened.
Scammers have quickly piggybacked onto news of a buggy McAfee antivirus update that clobbered thousands of computers, security researchers said today.
A malicious advertisement has been found within an application for Facebook that redirected users to fake antivirus software, according to a security researcher.
The massive number of Chinese Internet users running no antivirus software increased last year, a survey showed, even though online security risks continued to multiply in the country.
Users of the BitDefender antivirus software started flooding the company's support forums Saturday, apparently after a faulty antivirus update caused 64-bit Windows machines to stop working.
In an effort to boost sales, sellers of a fake antivirus product known as Live PC Care are offering their victims live technical support.
New reputation-based antivirus systems are doing a better job of blocking malicious software than did their predecessors.
Symantec has posted a software fix after hundreds of users reported problems with a buggy update of the company's flagship Norton AntiVirus software.
After two years at the job, the CEO of Dutch antivirus seller AVG Technologies is stepping down.
Microsoft has taken aim at a rogue antivirus program called Internet Antivirus Pro.
They walk the warrior's path and they devour horrible-looking bowlfuls of red worms, but hey, Klingons need malware protection too.
Consumer Reports magazine slapped its Best Buy logo on a trio of free security programs for Windows PCs, saying that they offer the "best combination of performance and price" and are a smarter pick than suites from companies like Symantec Corp. and ...
Antivirus and Internet security software vendor ESET will now allow end-users to pay as they go with its first foray into software as a service.
In the second month of a campaign against fake security software, Microsoft has booted the rogue application "Antivirus 2009" from almost 400,000 PCs, the company recently claimed.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 2 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 3 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 4 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 5 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Huawei Watch 2 Classic Review: Good watch but a missed opportunity for Wear 2.0
- Far Cry 5's first trailer reveals religious cults and explosions in picturesque Montana
- Amazon is offering two free months of Music Unlimited to new subscribers
- This week in games: Red Dead Redemption 2 is delayed, Destiny 2 PC servers explained
- Any website can crash your Windows 7 or 8 PC with these four characters
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- MSI GE72 7RE Apache Pro gaming laptop review
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTSoftware and Applications Programmer (Java Developer)ACT
- FTFull Stack DeveloperNSW
- CCChange AnalystNSW
- CCIDAM ArchitectVIC
- FTGraduate Technical ConsultantACT
- CCTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- CCImplementation Manager/PlannerQLD
- FTTest Analyst (Datawarehouse)SA
- CCSenior PMO AnalystNSW
- FTIT Support / Desktop SupportSA
- FTSecurity ConsultantVIC
- FTDevOps EngineerNSW
- CCIT Security Risk AnalystVIC
- FTManual Test AnalystQLD
- CCBusiness Analyst - SalesforceVIC
- FTPMO CoordinatorVIC
- CCMid-level Business Process Analyst (Automation) - Contract - ParramattaNSW
- FTDealing Room Support Analyst - IPC voiceNSW
- FTTechnical WriterVIC
- FTChange Manager, Agile Environment, Financial ServicesNSW
- FTData Analyst / Reporting SpecialistNSW
- FTSolution Architect - NetworksQLD
- TPDigital Business AnalystNSW
- CCSQL Server Database Specialist l Bathurst LocationNSW