Spam fell to less than 50 per cent of all email in June, the lowest in a decade, Symantec said in its latest Intelligence Report.
Romania and Panama, two of the world's notable sources of spam, now have fewer computers producing it, according to security vendor Cloudmark.
Computers in more than 50 countries are infected with a new version of Pushdo, a spamming botnet that has been around since 2007 and survived several attempts to shut it down.
A group of companies that allegedly promised mobile phone users supposedly free gift cards and electronic devices in a "massive" text-messaging spam operation will pay more than US$9 million to settle complaints from the U.S. Federal Trade Commission...
Microsoft has backtracked on a plan to stop sending email-based notifications about security bulletins starting this month.
The Spamhaus Project will soon publish two new data feeds intended to prevent people from being lured to malware-infected websites and domains.
Law enforcement agencies in 111 countries collaborated to disrupt thousands of online pharmacies in what Interpol claims was the largest ever global operation targeting organized criminal networks that sell fake medicines.
In an attempt to block email spoofing attacks on yahoo.com addresses, Yahoo began imposing a stricter email validation policy that unfortunately breaks the usual workflow on legitimate mailing lists.
U.K. mobile network operators EE, O2, Three and Vodafone have teamed up with the U.K. Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) to try to stop and punish companies that are sending spam text messages.
After about a week-and-a-half, Google finished unclogging a backlog of legitimate messages its Postini spam filter trapped by mistake at the end of February.
The U.S. Federal Trade Commission has filed a complaint against a website operator that allegedly sent spam intended to trick consumers into signing up for health insurance in advance of the rollout of the Affordable Care Act.
Snapchat added an image-based security challenge to its account registration process to verify that new accounts are created by humans, but the system can easily be defeated by computers, experts said.
You have to give spammers credit for effort: Symantec found a spam campaign that manages to abuse three Web services at the same time.
Spammers targeted hospitality-related business listings on Google services, modifying links in what appeared to be an attempt to drive traffic to a hotel bookings site.
The Internet Archive, the online repository of millions of digitized books, wants to shield its readers from other's prying eyes -- like the government's.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Join the newsletter!
- Microsoft's Surface Book 2 has a power problem
- This week in games: Battlefront II disables microtransactions, Total War goes to Britain
- Star Wars: Battlefront II review: The Dark Side
- iMovie 10 review: Free video editing that's elegant and easy
- Buffered VPN review: It gets the job done
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review
- Apple TV 4K review
- Legion Y520 Gaming Laptop review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCProject Manager - DeliveryNSW
- FTJava Software Engineers wanted (Melbourne CBD location)VIC
- FTMitel Unified Communication engineer.ACT
- FTCustomer Service RepresentativeOther
- FT.NET DeveloperNSW
- FTUtilities Contract Administrator - $34phOther
- FTSenior Sales Executive ? Technology ConsultingQLD
- FTSenior Business AnalystOther
- TPPrincipal Data AnalystQLD
- CCPega LSA - Banking IndustryVIC
- FTBusiness AnalaystSA
- FTClient Delivery DirectorACT
- FTSystem Specialist - Operational Technology SystemsOther
- CCDevelopers ? Multiple opportunities (Brisbane)NSW
- FTIT Support & System AdministratorNSW
- FTAccount Management/Customer Service - MULTIPLE ROLESSA
- FTReporting, Analytics and Insights Analyst - $62 p/hrOther
- FTJunior Business AnalystACT
- TPBusiness Analyst | AO6 | Government ContractQLD
- TPProject ManagerVIC
- FTService Desk Technical LeadNSW
- FTSoftware Testing LeadOther
- FTIT Security Support OfficersOther
- CCData Analyst - Google Doc SMEVIC
- FTJava DeveloperOther