Amazon Web Services (AWS) learned a lot of lessons from the outage that affected its Dublin data center, and will now work to improve power redundancy, load balancing and the way it communicates when something goes wrong with its cloud, the company s...
Amazon Web Services' efforts to restore service following a power outage at its Dublin data center were complicated further on Monday by an error in the EBS (Elastic Block Storage) software, the company said.
Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud in North Virginia had connectivity issues late Monday, knocking off temporarily a number of websites and services that use Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud computing infrastructure.
A lightening strike in Dublin on Sunday caused a power failure in data centers belonging to Amazon and Microsoft, causing the companies' cloud services to go offline.
Amazon Web Services will introduce new capabilities for enterprises on Thursday, including identity federation and support for private network connections to AWS.
Amazon Web Services has opened the fifth annual AWS Start-Up Challenge, a contest that aims to recognize innovative uses of its cloud computing platform, the company said on Monday.
One of the topics most associated with cloud computing is its cost advantages, or lack thereof. One way the topic gets discussed is "capex vs. opex," a simple formulation, but one fraught with meaning.
Amazon has updated its Cloud Player service to work with the iPad, hoping to reel in users of the Apple device before Apple launches its competing iCloud service later this year.
Amazon announced late on Wednesday that it is eliminating the cost for all inbound data transfer to Amazon Web Services, matching Microsoft's recent announcement of the same offer for its Azure service.
Dassault Systèmes has decided to make its products for computer-aided design and manufacturing, product lifecycle management and simulation available on Amazon's cloud, the company said on Wednesday.
Researchers in Germany have found abundant security problems within Amazon's cloud-computing services due to its customers either ignoring or forgetting published security tips.
Cloud computing could help boost the use of high-performance computing (HPC) among small and medium-size businesses, but there are hurdles that have to be overcome before that can happen, IDC said on Monday during a presentation at the International ...
Consultancy Capgemini's North American business will offer support to enterprises that want to run SAP applications in Amazon Web Services' cloud, the company said in a joint statement with Amazon on Thursday.
Oracle's database is now available for deployment on Amazon Web Services, the companies announced Tuesday, but with some key limitations.
Users of SAP's BusinessObjects and Rapid Deployment products are now able to run the applications from Amazon's cloud, marking the first time SAP has worked to make its software available on a public cloud service.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 3 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 4 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
- Blackberry KEYone phone: Full, in-depth review
- AMD, Nvidia coin mining graphics cards appear as gaming GPU shortage intensifies
- Why is the iPhone having an existential crisis? | The iPhone Show
- Akitio Node Cabinet review: Real, affordable graphics for your laptop
- 10 supremely useful Microsoft OneNote add-ins and tools
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- Blackberry KEYone phone: Full, in-depth review
- Alienware 13 full, in-depth review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSecurity ArchitectOther
- FTSenior .NET DevelopersOther
- FTHR Project Officer (Workforce Planning)Other
- CCDevOps Team LeaderNSW
- FTSoftware Developer - Banking SolutionsOther
- TPTechnical Business AnalystQLD
- FTMobile App DeveloperOther
- CCTechnical Consultant - ITSM/HP Service ManagerACT
- FTIT Communications Specialist | $62 phOther
- FTAutomation SpecialistOther
- FTSnr Java DeveloperVIC
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- CCMaximo DeveloperNSW
- FTHelpdesk AnalystOther
- FTSolution Architect - Cisco PrimeOther
- FTIT Support Specialist - Level 2Other
- CCProcess AnalystNSW
- FTIT Field Services Manager -NationalOther
- FTWeb DeveloperOther
- FTNetwork Engineer - IP routing & switchingOther
- FTData Storage Integration SpecialistACT
- FTIT Support officer- Service Desk AP3 & APS4ACT
- FTPHP Developer / Software EngineerNSW
- FTTechnical Business Analyst - Data AnalyticsOther
- FTFull Stack DeveloperNSW