Amazon Web Services has increased the number of simultaneous queries its hosted data warehouse Redshift can handle, improving performance in cases where many small queries are now forced to wait.
Amazon Web Services' Cost Explorer aims to make it easier for organizations to view and analyze their historical spending on the company's hosted services.
Amazon Web Services hopes to entice more Hadoop users to its Elastic MapReduce service with new virtual servers, one of which has 262GB of memory and 6.4TB of storage for big-data analytics.
Microsoft said Monday it was cutting prices of its Azure cloud services to match the prices of competitor Amazon Web Services in the latest in a price war in cloud services.
The price war among major cloud providers continues, with Amazon Web Services announcing Wednesday that it is lowering the prices of a number of its cloud services, one day after Google slashed prices.
Amazon Web Services' hosted virtual desktops have become generally available, priced from US$35, but the company and its competitors have a lot of hurdles to overcome before this sort of technology is widely used by businesses.
Infor is betting big on Amazon Web Services for its cloud ERP (enterprise-resource-planning) software strategy, with plans to begin offering a series of product suites on the company's IaaS (infrastructure as a service).
Amazon Web Services' CloudSearch service has been upgraded with more search features and is now compatible with 33 languages.
RHEL (Red Hat Enterprise Linux) is now available on Amazon Web Services' GovCloud, an isolated part of Amazon's cloud designed for U.S. government agencies.
Amazon Web Services now offers a hosted version of the R programming language, providing an easy way for individuals and organizations to start and test their big-data-styled analysis projects.
Amazon Web Services has improved the performance of its Redshift data warehouse with new SSD-based nodes, which can also lower the cost of the service as long as storage capacity needs are also low.
Sensing the customer need for more computational muscle in smaller packages, Amazon Web Services has added a number of new packages in its Elastic Cloud Compute (EC2) service.
Amazon Web Services is opening a datacenter in Beijing, where a limited number of companies will be able to host applications from early next year.
Amazon Web Services hopes enterprises are willing to rely on the company when getting large amounts of data ready for analysis with its latest service, Kinesis.
Internet giants such as Google and Amazon run IT operations that are far larger than most enterprises even dream of, but lessons they learn from managing those humongous systems can benefit others in the industry.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 3 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 4 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
- Akitio Node Cabinet review: Real, affordable graphics for your laptop
- 10 supremely useful Microsoft OneNote add-ins and tools
- Hands-on: How the Asus ROG GX501 Zephyrus performs with Nvidia's Max-Q technology
- OnePlus 5 review: This mid-range Android phone is speedy inside, but stale outside
- How to secure your CMS without patching
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- Ring Video Doorbell review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTIT Support AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTSecurity Service Desk Operative - TelecommunicationsOther
- FTMicrosoft Azure Cloud EngineerOther
- FT.Net DeveloperNSW
- FTProject Engineer (Rail/Control Signals) - 168342/ 168335 AROther
- CCMultiple Front End Developers - BRISBANE - Angular 2 | Bootstrap | jQueryNSW
- FTLead API DeveloperNSW
- FTWintel EngineerSA
- CCDevOps Team LeaderNSW
- TPSenior UX SpecialistVIC
- FTSenior Project Manager - Transmission and RAN DeploymentsOther
- FTDigital BA | App Dev Environment | 6 month contract roleOther
- TPAnalyst ProgrammerSA
- FTDigital Content ProducerOther
- FTx2 Senior Test Analyst/Lead - DWH - Informatica ETLOther
- FTSenior Analyst Programmer - Equities or DerivativesOther
- TPDemand Analysis ManagerNSW
- FTSalesforce Consultant - AdministrationQLD
- FTAutomation Test AnalystWA
- CCOn-boarding SpecialistNSW
- FTOffice & Operations AdministratorNSW
- FTPenetration TesterOther
- CCSalesforce ArchitectVIC
- FTWeb DeveloperOther