Windows 10's Mixed Reality experiences are almost here. If you plan on hooking one of these headsets into your PC, here's what it'll need.
Microsoft and its partners will debut new mixed-reality controllers to help users navigate through the virtual worlds it's trying to create via Windows 10.
Acer's Aspire GX is the first-ever prebuilt Ryzen PC from a major vendor, but you wouldn't know it from its quiet debut at the Next@Acer event in New York.
Acer's Nitro 5 is a laptop designed for casual gamers, with one distinctive feature: You can adjust the fan speed yourself. Adjusting thermals can be tricky, so it'll be interesting to see how this goes.
The 4K Acer Predator X27 is one of the first G-Sync HDR displays, and one of the most impressive monitors ever announced.
We tested a stack of USB-C charging laptops and surprise: They finally work! (Mostly).
Microsoft is spreading the love with its mixed reality platform and will bring it to consoles in 2018.
The Acer XR382CQK monitor offers gamers every luxury with a 38-inch, curved ultrawide display and AMD's FreeSync technology.
Acer's Predator 21 X is a gaming laptop designed to stare down gaming desktops by packing powerful components into its 8.8-pound bulk. It's also the only laptop with a curved display.
Thin may be in, but you can get more bang for your buck.
There's never been a notebook slimmer than the Acer Swift 7.
Acer recently announced a string of new devices for the fall including a healthy emphasis on convertible laptops.
Acer's Swift 7 narrowly wins at just 9.98 mm compared to the 10.4-mm HP Spectre 13.3. A Kaby Lake CPU and SSD squeeze into its slender shell.
Acer's Predator 21 X is stuffed with cutting-edge tech: a curved screen, a Kaby Lake CPU, and even Tobii eye-tracking. Dual GTX 1080 GPUs in SLI mean it's ready for the most intensive gameplay.
Acer is firing on all cylinders with its powerful new Predator gaming PCs, which can also provide the processing power for virtual reality headsets.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 2 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 3 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 4 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 5 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Dell’s Inspiron 27 7000 is the first Ryzen All-in-One PC, and it's upgradable too
- Intel's massive 18-core Core i9 chip starts a bloody battle for enthusiast PCs
- In Win's Winbot is a robotic interactive PC case
- Nvidia's Max-Q finally gives you GeForce GTX 1080 graphics in a thin-and-light laptop
- Launceston becomes Australia’s first gigabit city
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Asus launches laptops to start Computex 2017
- Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTProject Support OfficerQLD
- FTSenior Infrastructure Business AnalystVIC
- FTCustomer Support Team LeadNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystACT
- FTIteration ManagerQLD
- FTNetwork EngineerSA
- CCSenior Digital BANSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTLevel 3 Service Desk Support Engineer / Project ManagerQLD
- FTSenior Unix/Linux EngineerNSW
- TPArcGIS DeveloperVIC
- CCCloud Architect - AWSVIC
- CCPega DeveloperVIC
- FTTest AnalystVIC
- FTBI BA Consultant l Microstrategy, Business ObjectsNSW
- CCSAP ISU Functional ConsultantVIC
- FTProject Control Analyst - PMONSW
- CCChange AnalystNSW
- TPOrganisational Change Manager | Dept of CommunitiesQLD
- TPProject Manager - SOE / Office 365VIC
- CCCloud Architect - AzureVIC
- FTProject Manager or Coordinator - Retail Store ProjectsNSW
- FTProject Manager / Web DeveloperVIC
- CCPHP DeveloperNSW