Here are eight ways that you can customise your installation of Windows 8 Consumer Preview.
iPhone users love to brag about their phones. Yet, for many users, Android is clearly the superior platform.
A look at some of the best guesses about Apple’s long-rumoured HDTV.
These turnkey development services get your apps up and running quickly, saving you from infrastructure tedium
We go hands-on with Nokia's new flagship Windows Phone, the Lumia 900.
Apps, schmaps. Who needs to download anything when these mobile sites and services offer fast information and entertainment right in your mobile browser?
The Pure Contour 100Di is a digital radio that can also dock an iPhone or iPad. Take a closer look at how it's designed and what features it has.
Canon's PIXMA MX516 printer sits in the middle of the company's line-up. Here's a closer look at the printer's design and how it works.
We've tested the new Apple TV and we liked it. Here's a closer look at how it's designed, and what it looks like.
The Kogan 24in Full HD LED TV retails for $219 and has good image quality for its bargain price tag. Here's a closer look at how it's built and what features it has.
Oracle’s Larry Ellison finally ousted from the top spot on our list of highest paid tech execs. We count them down from 50 to 1. (All figures in $US)
HP's new EliteBook Folio 9470m is a 14in Ultrabook designed for business users. It features docking capabilities, integrated mobile broadband and it ships with what HP claims is a "full set of EliteBook business software and anti-virus protection".
HP's ENVY Spectre XT has an all-metal design and is said to be only 14.5mm thick. It features a third generation Intel Core i5 CPU, 4GB of DDR3 SDRAM, a 13.3in screen, a 128GB solid state drive (SSD) and a weight of about 1.4kg.
In case of emergency, tap these handy tools for network and server admins
Here are some Facebook apps you should note - for business, for fun, for photography and video and more.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- The SteelSeries Qck Prism is the first dual-sided RGB mousepad
- Nvidia's offering three free VR games if you buy a GTX 10 Series card and an Oculus Rift + Touch
- Call of Duty: WWII returns the series to Normandy and Germany on November 3
- Don't install the Windows 10 Creators Update on your own, Microsoft advises
- Scanner Sombre review: A weird and unsettling glimpse into darkness
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTAudio Visual / Video Solution Architect | $100 p/hrVIC
- FTBusiness Process AnalystWA
- TPBusiness Project ManagerNSW
- FTTeam AssistantVIC
- TPProject Reporting DeveloperSA
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- TPSenior .NET Developer (Angular or React)NSW
- FTEngineer Control Systems SpecialistSA
- FTWintel EngineerNSW
- TPMaster Portfolio SchedulerVIC
- TPSQL Server DeveloperNSW
- CCTechnical Consultant - ITSM/HP Service ManagerACT
- CCVDI EngineerACT
- TPStrategic Business AnalystVIC
- TPSecurity Controls Specialist - ISO 27002VIC
- FTGraduate Technical ConsultantACT
- FTSecurity Support Manager - Perth BasedNSW
- PTProject ManagerNSW
- CCEngineer/Developer - Splunk - TelcoVIC
- TPSystem AdministratorQLD
- FTSenior Software Engineer - JavaACT
- FTDevOps EngineerNSW
- CCProject Scheduler/CoordinatorVIC
- TPSenior iOS EngineerNSW
- CCProject Manager - DigitalisationQLD