Microsoft’s new metro-style Start screen is getting all the buzz, but for IT administrators there are many new network-related features and changes in both Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012 to be aware of.
Stellar industrial design distinguishes 25 red dot award-winning IT and communications products
Even as iPhone 5 fever heats up, Apple-Samsung court case puts focus on original iPhone
Watch live, keep up with the athletes, test your knowledge of the games and more
Apple's latest OS X version amps up the iOS integration, but offers much more for business and personal use
In its 36 years, Apple has watched a lot of its employees walk out the door and into great success of their own.
The latest release of Opera has some obvious cosmetic and UI changes, as well as several new under-the-hood functions. Overall, here are 12 changes worth noting.
CIO.com's Al Sacco rounds up the 12 best high-end smartphones available this (northern hemisphere) summer season, from handset makers Samsung, Motorola, Apple, HTC, Nokia and more.
With ex-Google honcho Marissa Mayer taking the reins of Yahoo this week, she joins other prominent females in leadership roles at some of the tech industry's largest companies
We check out some of the Mozilla Firefox 14 browser's new features
Which of today's newest shipping technologies will cast the longest shadow over business computing? Here are our best guesses.
Whether at home or abroad, using your smartphone or tablet can make any vacation better. Here are 10 travel apps that will help you smooth out preparations for your next trip.
We unbox Google's Nexus 7 Android tablet.
Not to be outdone by athletes at this summer’s Olympic games, techies have been setting some world records of their own of late.
From remote Google Calendar access to auto-declining appointments, here are 6 tips and tricks that will keep you focused, organized and productive.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft reinstates My People for Windows 10, connecting you to your BFFs
- This overclocked EVGA GTX 1050 Ti costs less than reference models
- This week in games: Forza Horizon 3 gets Hot Wheels, Terry Crews gets a wild Old Spice PC
- Radeon owners rebel when AMD drivers stealth drop Quake Champions links on desktops
- Surface sales sag and Windows Phones fade, as Microsoft's hardware business takes a hit
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPService Desk OperatorQLD
- CCJava Developer IntegrationQLD
- FTAEM Technology Lead - Blue Chip companyNSW
- FTSenior Project AnalystVIC
- FTMid-Level .NET DeveloperVIC
- FT.Net DeveloperNSW
- CCSAP CRM Functional AnalystWA
- CCSystems AdminNSW
- CCCRM DeveloperACT
- CCVMware AdministratorNSW
- FTHRIS Systems Support Analyst (Kronos)NSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FTField Engineer - Hardware RolloutsNSW
- FTFull Stack DeveloperQLD
- CCSenior Project OfficerNSW
- TPProgram Manager - 12 month contractQLD
- FTJava Team LeadVIC
- CCSoftware Licencing SpecialistNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Mobile ApplicationsQLD
- TPBusiness AnalystACT
- FTPMO Lead, Project Delivery PracticeNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectACT
- CCSystems Specialist - Network Systems l Port MacquarieNSW
- CCFirewall EngineerNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystNSW