You have a shiny new Google Nexus 7 Android tablet. Now it's time to make it your own with some valuable mobile applications. We share our favourite Nexus 7 tablet apps for entertainment, social networking, remote-PC access, instant messaging, sports, gaming and more. Best of all: They're all free.
Development organisations are increasingly looking for a Mobile Application Development Platform (MADP) that can support their needs for both current and future projects. Here are 10 that have been identified as leaders in the field.
We scoured the Web for the best deals on 25 gadgets you might actually want to buy. All you have to do is sit back and click through the slideshow.
If you're one of the growing number of people who carries a smartphone everywhere, why not take advantage of mobile apps that can help you organize your medical history, eat right, exercise or fall asleep at night?
The Google tablet's advantages in flexibility, usability, and form factor might make you ditch your iPad
In anticipation of its biggest game release for the year, THQ held a stunt themed media event at Sun Studios in Alexandria, Sydney.
Hi-tech cameras and robots capture the Olympic events in stunning imagery.
A quick look at the NASA Mars Science Laboratory and Curiosity rover mission
From the car to the living room, technologies and markets are quickly evolving to offer lucrative possibilities for programming pioneers
Want basic driving directions? Help finding cheap gas? A cool way to create a digital scrapbook of your latest trip? Android has an app for that, and more
In honour of the patent war heating up between Apple and Samsung, we're looking back at epic tech battles. The one thing they all have in common: the future of the universe hung in the balance. (Okay, not the universe but a really big market.)
Space debris, comets, asteroids and cool clouds highlight Earth space news
Fortune 500 CIOs and IT SVPs netted multi-million dollar compensation packages in 2011.
The recently released CyanogenMod 9 is built upon Android 4.0, codenamed Ice Cream Sandwich, and is free to download. Here are nine things to know about this latest edition.
These useful widgets should be on your Android home screen.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft reinstates My People for Windows 10, connecting you to your BFFs
- This overclocked EVGA GTX 1050 Ti costs less than reference models
- This week in games: Forza Horizon 3 gets Hot Wheels, Terry Crews gets a wild Old Spice PC
- Radeon owners rebel when AMD drivers stealth drop Quake Champions links on desktops
- Logitech G213 Prodigy review: An ambitious keyboard that's oversized and overpriced
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPWeb DeveloperNSW
- TPBusiness Intelligence AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Infrastructure Business AnalystVIC
- CCPeoplesoft DeveloperACT
- FTBI BA Consultant l Microstrategy, Business ObjectsNSW
- CCPMO AnalystVIC
- CCFirewall EngineerNSW
- TPEOI - Developer/Tester/Software EngineerACT
- FTICT Contractors for multiple Federal Government OpportunitiesSA
- FTSenior Business Development Manager| SMSF/Accounting SoftwareNSW
- CCInteraction DesignerNSW
- CCSecurity Specialist - NV1ACT
- CCApplication Developer - Datastage & SQL ServerVIC
- FTSenior IT Domain SpecialistVIC
- CCSAP CRM Functional AnalystVIC
- CCChange and Communications Analyst - TelcoVIC
- FTLevel 2 HelpdeskVIC
- TPProject Manager | HealthQLD
- FTSenior Java EngineerWA
- TPProject/Deployment ManagerQLD
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- TPBusiness Analyst | DETQLD
- CCTest Analyst - Oracle CC&BVIC
- FTJava Technical Team LeadVIC
- CCTechnical Consultant - ITSM/HP Service ManagerQLD