Want to use your Android phone to get your tablet or PC online? Here are five apps that'll let you share your data connection in no time.
We go hands-on with the Apple iPhone 5.
Apple's iPhone 5 went on sale across Australia this morning, and here's what the queues looked like.
Apple fanboys/fangirls line up at Apple Stores from NYC to Tokyo
Although the new OS for the iPad and iPhone is largely a collection of refinements, users will still want it
For the first time ever, Microsoft is designing, manufacturing and selling a computer - the ARM-based tablet called Surface. Here's what we know about the Surface tablet.
Canon's brand new, entry-level, full-frame EOS 6D digital SLR is an impressive piece of kit. We played around with one for half an hour a few days ago -- read on for our first impressions and thoughts.
Apple made a number of music-related announcements that are worth touching on.
Web services are quickly replacing desktop programs for routine tasks such as image editing, spreadsheet creation and more. Here are 20 such services that we think are worth your time.
Apple iPhone 5 is longer and thinner, more powerful, and boasts LTE
Apple unveiled its new iPhone 5 overnight at the Yerbua Buena Center for the Arts. In simple terms, the device is faster, thinner, and bigger than the previous devices. Yes, the device will work with 4G in Australia. Apple also revealed its new range of iPod products, and its new earphone concept.
You may have heard: Apple just unveiled a shiny new iPhone, the iPhone 5. But there's so much more to the smartphone world than just iPhones. Here's a list of 10 of the best currently available or coming-soon smartphones to make you forget all about Apple.
Reviewer Jonathan Hassell takes you through the highlights, and some lowlights, of the newly available Microsoft operating system.
We look back at some of the online pranksters’ highest-profile victims
The Google Glass project takes the runway at New York’s Fashion Week
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Radeon owners rebel when AMD drivers stealth drop Quake Champions links on desktops
- Surface sales sag and Windows Phones fade, as Microsoft's hardware business takes a hit
- Logitech G213 Prodigy review: An ambitious keyboard that's oversized and overpriced
- Razer Ornata review: An expensive rubber-dome keyboard that comes with a mechanical click
- Asus Strix RX 580 Gaming Top OC review: Proof that size matters
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTDrupal Web DeveloperACT
- FTHelpdesk SupportNSW
- CCSystems EngineerNSW
- FTNV1 Cleared Software Engineer (Mid level) - Defence Projects - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTAsst. Director - Claim AnalysisACT
- FTStorage EngineerSA
- FTSenior / Lead AEM DeveloperNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst/Project ManagerQLD
- TPIntermediate Change ManagerQLD
- FTSenior Business Analyst Forecaster - TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTPre-Sales Solution Architect - Global Cloud OrganisationVIC
- CCDocument ControllerNSW
- FTRisk and Quality ManagerNSW
- FTProject Manager (Cyber Security) - Permanent - IT Services - North Ryde areaNSW
- TPPHP Developer - Immediate startQLD
- FTTest Analyst - Application TestingACT
- CCSenior Full Stack Web DeveloperACT
- FTBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTService Desk - Level 1 SupportVIC
- CCSAP ISU Device Management ConsultantVIC
- TPSolution ArchitectVIC
- FTDeveloper / Junior Solution DesignerQLD
- TPBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTCitrix Engineer/Designer - AWS experience essentialNSW
- FTSenior / Lead iOS DeveloperNSW