Like beauty, sleekness is in the eye of the beholder. It's impossible to define easily, but you know it when you see it. It's that feeling in your gut that says "I don't know what that thing is or what it's supposed to do, but I want one--now."
A tower server for small businesses
For more than seven years, Australians have gone without computers with cow-branded logos. Now, thanks to Acer and its "multi-brand" strategy, Gateway is back, toting an entirely new range of notebooks.
Last night, Xbox Australia threw an event on Cockatoo Island in celebration of Halo 3: ODST. Guests of honour included the coolly named Curtis Creamer from Bungee and key personnel from Weta workshop (Weta built the Warthog replica and crash site that featured at the event).
Get a Google Android smartphone for $0 upfront, pick up a newly released GPS for a great price, bag an SLR digital camera at a discount or save on the latest range of BRAVIA televisions in our best tech bargains of the week!
No so long ago, the computer geek was confined to the back rooms and basements of companies everywhere.
In the tech world, the inventor, originator or driving force behind a new product or technology is typically dubbed "father of the _______".
Geek chic of years gone by isn't so cool today, as technology races on.
It's been 40 years since Neil Armstrong, Buzz Aldrin and Michael Collins launched into space in Apollo 11, with the historic moon landing occurring four days later.
The great thing about geeks is that we just love our technology--operating systems, consoles, companies, gadgets, game characters--you name it, we adore it, and we want it to be with us forever.
"The Active Desk," was a touch-screen device developed in 1992 at the University of Toronto.
Pick up some great gear for bargain prices
With mammoth games lined up for all three consoles like two new Metal Gear Solid games, Uncharted 2, two Halo games, God of War III, and two Mario games for the Wii just to name a few, there's certainly no shortage of blockbuster games coming in 2009 and 2010.
There might be thousands and thousands of game choices at the App Store, but the sad truth is that most of them aren't worth your time -- or money
Over a dozen new laptops released, with screens ranging from 13.3-18.4in
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 2 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 3 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 5 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- MSI Wins COMPUTEX Best Choice Award 2017 for a Record-Breaking 5 Products
- How to take screenshots in Windows 10
- The Pi Desktop kit transforms your Raspberry Pi into a stylish, SSD-powered mini-PC
- The Full Nerd episode 23: AMD Threadripper vs Intel Core i9, Radeon Vega is here(ish)
- Microsoft shows the power of its Pen with a new Whiteboard app and other upgrades
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Huawei P10 smartphone review
- Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- FTSolution Architect - NetworksVIC
- TPSenior Project Manager - Digital Application CX TransformationNSW
- FTCyber Security Technical WriterNSW
- CCData ArchitectWA
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperVIC
- CCSalesforce DeveloperNSW
- FTProduct Manager (IT Clinical Systems) - Permanent - Syd, Melb or BrisbNSW
- CCImplementation Manager/PlannerVIC
- TPICT Customer Support OfficerNSW
- FTJunior .Net DeveloperNSW
- CCABAP ConsultantACT
- FTProject Control Analyst - PMONSW
- FTFull Stack .Net DeveloperWA
- FTSenior React DeveloperNSW
- CCScada Project ManagerWA
- TPDigital Process Business Analyst - Digital Transformation**NSW
- FTUX ResearcherVIC
- FTProject Control Analyst - PMOVIC
- FTSoftware DeveloperQLD
- FTSolution Architect - NetworksWA
- FTProject Manager - Data MigrationNSW
- FTEnterprise Architect - Network and TelecommunicationsNSW
- TPSystems EngineerQLD