Follow these digital photography tips to make the most of what Mother Nature throws at you -- or fake it with Photoshop when you get home.
Pick up Windows 7, grab a stylish smartphone, and more!
Windows 7 is finally here, leaping off retail shelves in little blue- and green- and black-lined plastic containers. This time the launch had no Hamish and Andy, or Rove to spruik the software, and no Rolling Stones or Rogue Traders to start up the party. This time Microsoft decided to let Windows 7's speak for itself — with less whiz, more bang.
In the wide field of microprocessors, some chips have stood out for the influence they've had technologically, culturally, and economically. They aren't necessarily the most successful, the best selling, or the most powerful, but they each started an important and persistent trend - an architecture, a marketing concept, or a whole new use for computing.
Midnight buyer snags Windows 7 Home Premium
Canon's EOS 7D is an 18-megapixel D-SLR camera that uses an APS-C image sensor for capturing clean and vibrant shots. It's the next model up from the EOS 50D, and it includes some more oomph for photographers keen on capturing action shots.
There’s something about the laptop that encourages experimentation--and competition. Manufacturers start trying to figure out how thin they can make their latest model, and pretty soon they’re in a full-scale, enter-the-Octagon battle for the title of World’s Slimmest Laptop.
Snag an LCD TV and a media streamer to go with it, a portable photo printer or an external hard drive
The Web browser turns 15 on Oct. 13, 2009 - a key milestone in the history of the Internet. That’s when the first commercial Web browser - eventually called Netscape Navigator - was released as beta code. While researchers including World Wide Web inventor Tim Berners-Lee and a team at the National Center for Supercomputing Applications created Unix browsers between 1991 and 1994, Netscape Navigator made this small piece of desktop software a household name.
Ceatec, showcased many new technologies and prototype gadgets. We take you through our favourite tech products.
Check out some cheap TVs, a great notebook and more!
The Worldskills Australia regional competition in PC and Network Support took place at the Mount Druitt College, TAFE NSW Western Sydney Institute, last week.
Today Research In Motion (RIM) unveiled the latest BlackBerry smartphone -- the Curve 8520 -- with the help of the Black Eyed Peas' will.i.am. will.i.am discussed both BlackBerry technology and the future of the music industry at the North Sydney launch.
Gear up for the long weekend with a smokin' plasma TV deal and more!
Many of rock's greatest moments hinge on shifts in music technology. Here is a chronology of some of the highlights.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 3 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 4 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the newsletter!
- Microsoft is building a better HoloLens with a new chip focused on machine learning
- 10 alternative browsers that prove there's life after Chrome, Firefox, Edge, and Internet Explorer
- Microsoft Paint may be doomed: Why it's wrong, and what you can do about it
- HyperX Cloud Revolver S review: A costly improvement to the original Cloud Revolver headset
- Asus ROG Zephyrus GX501 review: Nvidia Max-Q makes it incredibly thin and powerful
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- Ford Everest Trend RWD 3.2L Diesel review
- Ford Everest Trend in its natural habitat
- Linksys Velop mesh WiFi review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBusiness Analyst - eCommerceOther
- FTSenior Business AnalystSA
- TPTest AnalystNSW
- FTProject Finance / Finance Coordinator (NSW Government)Other
- FTTechnical/ Architecture Java Lead - Move to MelbourneNSW
- FTSenior Technical ConsultantACT
- FTIntegration DeveloperOther
- FTDevOps Lead / Identity Services Security LeadOther
- FTData EngineerOther
- FTSales / Account ManagerOther
- FTSystems EngineerOther
- CCEnterprise Change ManagerVIC
- FTSolution Architect - Enterprise VoiceSA
- FTSenior Technical Consultant (Cloud)Other
- FTMicrosoft Azure Cloud EngineerQLD
- FTSenior Business AnalystOther
- CCProgram CoordinatorVIC
- TPProject Manager (SharePoint)VIC
- FTMaster SchedulerACT
- FTMobile Studio Manager - GAME CHANGER!Other
- FTSoftware Engineer (Java with DevOps)VIC
- FTSenior Systems AdministratorOther
- FTSenior Business Analyst, Financial ServicesOther
- CCSolution Architect l JDEdwards , OracleNSW
- FTSenior Director, Enterprise Architecture & Information SecurityOther