It has been 25 years since the potential market failure of a Microsoft operating system carried serious consequences outside the corporation's own campus. MS-DOS and Windows versions have failed to gain traction before and even been publicly lampoone...
Windows 8 - News
Acer has posted the highest level of growth among top PC makers, recording double digit growth despite a 1.4 per cent overall decline.
An update to Windows 8 is in the works, codenamed Windows Blue.
Upgrading to a new operating system can be an intimidating undertaking that massively disrupts your daily workflow. And considering the dramatic interface changes introduced in Windows 8, you may not want to invest in Microsoft's latest OS without fi...
Don't expect HP to have a change of heart about building Windows RT devices anytime soon.
13 new Windows machines that aren't Surface RT
Windows 8 is supposed to be Microsoft's majestic OS reset -- a dramatic overhaul designed to usher the Windows platform into the age of mobility. And Windows 8 is also Microsoft's bid to achieve feature parity with iOS and Android, the other two OS p...
Microsoft likes to talk about Windows 8 as being Windows "reimagined," and in many ways it is quite a departure from its predecessors. To allow the operating system's use across a range of touchscreen devices, Microsoft radically redesigned the look ...
Vupen, a security company in the business of selling zero-day vulnerabilities, said Friday that it has found a way to bypass security mechanisms on Windows 8 and execute code via a Web page.
It's not exactly the type of advertisement most people would understand.
Driven by millions of upgrades, Windows 8's global usage share climbed by a third last month, but the new OS's adoption pace remained lethargic compared to that of its predecessor three years ago.
After years of anticipation and over a year of beta testing, Microsoft has finally released its latest operating system, Windows 8. A midnight launch at Harvey Norman’s flagship Alexandria store saw retail magnate Gerry Harvey sell the first copy in ...
Advanced Micro Devices hopes to brush off a slow start to compete against ARM and Intel in the Windows 8 tablet market through new customer announcements and future chips.
Enterprises will not be moving quickly to adopt Windows 8, and most will skip next year, according to market research firm Gartner.
Google has launched a dedicated search app for Windows 8 ahead of Friday's official release of the OS. Google Search for Windows 8 is now available free in the Windows Store and will be an alternative to Bing, which is the default search engine in In...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- What if Windows 10 fails?
- Acer leads growth in PC shipments
- How to test-drive Windows 8 for free in VirtualBox
- HP's hardware boss not a fan of Surface, Windows RT
- Why isn't Microsoft's answer to Siri built into Windows 8?
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTDigital Business Analyst | Online BookingQLD
- FTTIBCO DeveloperVIC
- CCTechnical Business Analyst - Infrastructure - VirtualizationNSW
- FTSecurity ConsultantACT
- FTSystems Engineer | Managed Services ExpVIC
- FTSecurity ConsultantVIC
- CCSOE Business AnalystACT
- FTRegional Market Manager - Wide Bay RegionQLD
- CCPMO AnalystVIC
- FTLevel 2/ 3 Systems AdministratorVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTLevel 2 HelpdeskVIC
- CCTechnical Consultant - ITSM/HP Service ManagerQLD
- CCSAP CRM Functional AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Data Warehouse ConsultantNSW
- FTHRIS Systems Support Analyst (Kronos)NSW
- FTSenior Project Manager - (Customer Platforms)NSW
- CCBusiness Analyst (Mid-level)VIC
- FTImplementation Consultant - SMSF SoftwareNSW
- CCSenior Full-Stack Developer (Digital Transformation Project)QLD
- CCSAP CRM Functional AnalystSA
- TPAutomation TesterQLD
- FTICT Relationship Manager - Service Delivery EnvironmentNSW
- TPSAS DeveloperWA
- CCBusiness Project ManagerNSW