Some months ago, we raved about the Garmin Fenix Chronos executive fitness tracking smartwatch.
We've struggled to find a killer feature for Android Wear smartwatches. They provide notifications which stop some people having to look at their phone and most have (variable quality) heart rate sensors for fitness tracking apps. Some aren't even waterproof.
One of the best Android Wear watches, the Huawei Watch, finaly gets its 2.0 updates, but the rollout is still far from over.
Fitbit is reportedly developing a smartwatch and pair of wireless earphones to take on Apple.
Android Wear fans looking for a wearable built for the latest generation of the OS have two new watches to choose from: the Huawei Watch 2 and Verizon Wear 24.
The Quartz runs on Android Wear 2.0 and has built-in 3G and Google Assistant, but requires you to take your wallet: Android Pay is not supported.
A statement from Huawei reportedly confirms that its first-generation wearable has a dormant NFC chip that may be turned on after the Android Wear 2.0 update lands.
Intel also is developing new chips for wearables like Curie, which will be smaller and faster, and enable sleeker wearables.
Luxe to the nth degree, the Modular 45 is also endlessly customizable. But prices for this Android Wear 2.0 watch range from $1,650 to "if you have to ask..."
Tag Heuer's Connected Module 45 smartwatch features interchangeable straps, faces, lugs, and buckles, letting you build your dream Android Wear 2.0 watch.
Do smartwatches need upgrades every few years like PCs? It's not clear yet, but Intel's powerful chip in the Tag Heuer Connected Modular 45, a $1,600 luxury smartwatch, will ensure the wearable isn't outdated anytime soon.
The new LaCie Rugged Thunderbolt USB-C was designed by Neil Poulton, an award-winning Scottish product designer. It’s nice to see a rugged portable hard drive with function and form.
Get into your productive zone with the right business tool
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 2 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 3 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 4 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 5 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Android Wear 2.0 finally arrives on Huawei Watch as slow rollout continues
- Leaked Fitbit photos show new devices in need of a redesign
- Huawei rolls out its Android Wear 2.0 watch in the U.S. with an eye on fitness, Android Pay
- ZTE's first Android smartwatch is here
- Surprise! Your first-gen Huawei Watch might get Android Pay after all
PCW Evaluation Team
- Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- MSI GE72 7RE Apache Pro gaming laptop review
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTSQL BI Report DeveloperQLD
- CCSenior Network Architect l CCNP/CCIE R&S l Cisco ACINSW
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior DeveloperNSW
- CCTesting Manager - Energy sectorVIC
- FTeCommerce Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTSoftware DeveloperQLD
- CCDeployment Manager - TelcoVIC
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Software Developer (x3)WA
- CCImplementation Manager/PlannerACT
- TPSOE EngineerACT
- CCIT Security Risk AnalystVIC
- FTManager, DevOpsQLD
- FTBI and Report DeveloperQLD
- TPServiceNow ConsultantVIC
- FTDeputy Chief Engineer - Defence Systems - IT Services - Nowra BasedNSW
- FTChange Manager, Agile Environment, Financial ServicesNSW
- FTClient Onboarding ManagerNSW
- FTInfrastructure EngineerACT
- TPLevel 2/3 Technical Service AnalystOther
- CCSplunk - Technical AnalystVIC
- TPAEM DeveloperNSW
- FTLevel 3 Service Desk Support Engineer / Project ManagerQLD