Some months ago, we raved about the Garmin Fenix Chronos executive fitness tracking smartwatch.
We've struggled to find a killer feature for Android Wear smartwatches. They provide notifications which stop some people having to look at their phone and most have (variable quality) heart rate sensors for fitness tracking apps. Some aren't even waterproof.
One of the best Android Wear watches, the Huawei Watch, finaly gets its 2.0 updates, but the rollout is still far from over.
Fitbit is reportedly developing a smartwatch and pair of wireless earphones to take on Apple.
Android Wear fans looking for a wearable built for the latest generation of the OS have two new watches to choose from: the Huawei Watch 2 and Verizon Wear 24.
The Quartz runs on Android Wear 2.0 and has built-in 3G and Google Assistant, but requires you to take your wallet: Android Pay is not supported.
A statement from Huawei reportedly confirms that its first-generation wearable has a dormant NFC chip that may be turned on after the Android Wear 2.0 update lands.
Intel also is developing new chips for wearables like Curie, which will be smaller and faster, and enable sleeker wearables.
Luxe to the nth degree, the Modular 45 is also endlessly customizable. But prices for this Android Wear 2.0 watch range from $1,650 to "if you have to ask..."
Tag Heuer's Connected Module 45 smartwatch features interchangeable straps, faces, lugs, and buckles, letting you build your dream Android Wear 2.0 watch.
Do smartwatches need upgrades every few years like PCs? It's not clear yet, but Intel's powerful chip in the Tag Heuer Connected Modular 45, a $1,600 luxury smartwatch, will ensure the wearable isn't outdated anytime soon.
The new LaCie Rugged Thunderbolt USB-C was designed by Neil Poulton, an award-winning Scottish product designer. It’s nice to see a rugged portable hard drive with function and form.
Get into your productive zone with the right business tool
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 2 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 3 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 4 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 5 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Android Wear 2.0 finally arrives on Huawei Watch as slow rollout continues
- Leaked Fitbit photos show new devices in need of a redesign
- Huawei rolls out its Android Wear 2.0 watch in the U.S. with an eye on fitness, Android Pay
- ZTE's first Android smartwatch is here
- Surprise! Your first-gen Huawei Watch might get Android Pay after all
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- MSI GE72 7RE Apache Pro gaming laptop review
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- CCWeb Designer - IT Graphics / UI DesignerQLD
- FTTest LeadACT
- CCDesigner - Salesforce Marketing CloudVIC
- FTService Desk Analyst Level 1 SupportQLD
- CCDevOps Engineer with strong Docker skills - Contract - North Shore SydneyNSW
- FTData Analyst/ Reporting AnalystQLD
- CCScada Project ManagerWA
- FTiOS DeveloperNSW
- FTSales Client Services Manager (Mid-market)QLD
- FTProcurement OfficerACT
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- FTSecurity Engineer (Cisco ASA) - Professional Services - Permanent - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTSenior Java DeveloperVIC
- CCICT Project CoordinatorNSW
- TPSenior Project Manager - Digital Application CX TransformationNSW
- FTTest AnalystVIC
- CCSplunk - Technical AnalystVIC
- FTLevel 2 Desktop Support - Microsoft Office 365 experienceNSW
- CCPega DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Java DeveloperVIC
- CCWintel Support EngineerVIC
- FTSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCSalesforce ArchitectVIC
- FTSalesforce ConsultantQLD