The Gear 360 is a cool little $230 camera that's perfect for Galaxy S8 owners who want to shoot 4K video or broadcast live.
VR and AR (Virtual and Augmented Reality)
Google launched both a new category of cable-free Standalone VR devices, as well as a new Visual Positioning System.
While $300 mixed-reality headsets appear to be the future, Microsoft's older cousin, the HoloLens has some unique advantages.
Windows 10's Mixed Reality experiences are almost here. If you plan on hooking one of these headsets into your PC, here's what it'll need.
Microsoft and its partners will debut new mixed-reality controllers to help users navigate through the virtual worlds it's trying to create via Windows 10.
Microsoft appears to have more hardware to announce on May 23, possibly the first low-cost mixed reality headsets and maybe even the first Windows on ARM devices.
View Mixed Reality will bolster Windows 10’s virtual reality chops by letting view augmented reality images through their device screen.
We’ve been toying with the 360 Fly 4K action cam for many months now and it’s looking more and more useful all the time. Not only are Facebook’s 360-degree videos booming in popularity but Virtual Reality videos – as viewed on mobile phones with basic headsets – are too. Creating content for these set-ups (and others) can be an epic palaver and an expensive one at that...
Facebook is giving VR developers the ability to embed 360-degree photo and video capture in their experiences with a new software development kit made available Wednesday.
Oculus Rift's Spaces, Facebook's first stab at social VR is cold, sterile, and very corporate. There are better options for digital hangouts.
Facebook is making it possible to hang out with your friends in virtual reality using Spaces , a new app the company launched Tuesday for the Oculus Rift. The app will allow people to join a shared, immersive video call, represented by a personalized avatar.
Google unveils a new Earth for Chrome and Android phones that gives you more places to visit and greater control over what you see.
The augmented reality guidelines will promote interoperability, their creators said.
AMD acquires Nitero for an undisclosed amount.
Get into your productive zone with the right business tool
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 2 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 3 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 4 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 5 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Google's Standalone VR and VPS address the clutter and clumsiness of virtual reality
- Hands-on: How Microsoft's mixed-reality devices could learn a lesson from the HoloLens
- Here's what your PC needs to run Windows 10's Mixed Reality VR
- Microsoft's mixed-reality devices undercut the Rift and Vive with lower prices
- Microsoft teases a Surface event to 'show the world what's next.' Is it mixed reality?
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- MSI GE72 7RE Apache Pro gaming laptop review
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- CCSQL Server Database Specialist l Bathurst LocationNSW
- FTSr Infrastructure Automation EngineerACT
- FTSolution Architect - NetworksNSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence / Datawarehouse DeveloperSA
- FTNV1 Cleared Software Configuration Engineer - Defence Projects - North Ryde areaNSW
- CCProcess Improvement Specialist - TelcoVIC
- FTLooking for Lead Solution ArchitectACT
- FTSolution ArchitectSA
- CCJunior .NET DeveloperQLD
- CCDesigner - Salesforce Marketing CloudVIC
- FTSenior Business Analyst, Wealth ManagementNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystVIC
- TPSharepoint DeveloperQLD
- CCImplementation Manager/PlannerACT
- FTTest AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Analyst Programmer - Equities or DerivativesNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- TPAgile Projet AdministratorVIC
- TPAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTProject Manager Large ICT Enabled Business Change ProjectQLD
- FTOperations Manager - NV1 Cleared - Defence Projects - North Ryde areaNSW
- CCImplementation Manager/PlannerSA
- TPServiceNow ConsultantVIC