Australians looking to get the best possible picture quality from their shiny new 4K televisions won’t have to wait much longer than their US counterparts with Samsung confirming to Good Gear Guide that their new 4K Blu-ray player will land on store ...
TVs - News
Tech giant showcases TVs, devices, wearables and a raft of new home gadgets at CES 2016 in Las Vegas.
Top trends from the show floor at the Consumer Electronics Show 2016 in Las Vegas, according to analyst Ovum.
IT security firm, Check Point, has published a report identifying network security vulnerabilities with EZCast, an HDMI dongle-based TV streamer that converts non-connected TVs into smart TVs.
Online streaming and Internet TV company, Netflix, has launched its service globally, simultaneously bringing its Internet TV network to more than 130 new countries around the world. The company made the announcement – and the service went live – dur...
All Samsung smart TVs sold in 2016 will be IoT-ready, meaning they'll be able to talk to compatible appliances around the home, according to the company.
The Australian Competition and Consumer Commission has commenced proceedings in the Federal Court against LG Electronics.
With LG smart TV support, Google's video store slowly expands beyond Chromecast and Android TV.
Certified cables will have gone through expanded cable speed tests at an HDMI-authorized testing center to certify that they are capable of delivering bandwidth of 18Gbps, and that they radiate very little EMI.
Samsung Electronics has denied allegations that it designed its TVs to consume less energy during tests than they do in real-world situations.
The new channel, slated to launch November 1st, will showcase footage from NASA missions and the International Space Station.
Apple chief executive Tim Cook took to the stage at the Bill Graham Civic Auditorium in San Francisco to unveil the next generation of Apple products.
Applications form the foundation of Apple’s television strategy as the company births a TV-only operating system and bundles it with a remote control inspired by its smartphones in the latest version of Apple TV.
LG might be correct in hyping this as an "industry first," but we think free software upgrades should be an industry norm.
At the IFA trade show, Samsung Electronics and Motorola Mobility aim to show that their smartwatches can compete with Apple, Sony needs to demonstrate that it's still a relevant smartphone manufacturer, and LG want to convince customers that it's tim...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Samsung's squashing of malicious Tizen smart TV bugs is turning messy
- Report says Samsung's Tizen OS on smart TVs is a virtual playground for hackers
- Hisense displays successors to amazing Series 7 ULED - Series 8 and 9
- Sony shows off its new OLED and LCD TVs, video projector, and Bluetooth speakers
- Sony’s Bravia XBR-A1E OLED could be the first flat-screen TV with sound that doesn’t suck
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCProcess Specialist - TelcoVIC
- CCSenior Process Specialist - TelcoVIC
- FTSenior Network Engineer - RANVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTLevel 3 Application Support AnalystVIC
- CCPMO AnalystVIC
- FTService Delivery ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTCRM Technical Specialist (Oracle Eloqua)QLD
- FTTeam Leader Application SupportVIC
- FTFull Stack DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Information Security SpecialistQLD
- FTSenior Project Manager - (Customer Platforms)NSW
- FTCampaign ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTTechnical ConsultantACT
- CCDigital Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Linux AdministratorNSW
- FTSenior Data Warehouse ConsultantNSW
- FTPMO Lead, Project Delivery PracticeNSW
- FTRisk and Quality ManagerNSW
- FTFront End .Net Developer. Permanent jobACT
- TPBusiness AnalystNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCSystems Specialist - Network Systems l Port MacquarieNSW