Well, that didn't take long! Earlier this week,GeekTech reported that the new Apple TV can officially be hacked, and already an app has been tested on the device. A small software company named Nito TV posted an image onits Twitter feed displaying t...
TVs - News
Foxtel and Microsoft have today announced more details of a new service that will provide Xbox 360 users with access to live and on-demand Foxtel TV via their consoles. The new service will be launched at the start of November.
The first three Australian internet service providers (ISPs) to sign up to Internet Protocol TV (IPTV) service FetchTV now face increased competition in the form of Apple's newly revamped Apple TV service.
Budget online electronics vendor Kogan Technologies is making the jump to the UK market, with sales of products like the company's low-priced TVs beginning in mid-November.
Thinking about grabbing one of Sony's new Google TV-powered high-definition television sets for the holidays? The electronics maker recently unveiled its first round of Google TV products including four HDTVs ranging from 24- to 46-inch screen sizes...
Like the idea of Google TV, with its web browsing, applications and powerful search, but don't want another box sitting around your TV? Then you'll love the new HDTVs Sony unveiled at a press event in New York today. They incorporate the same Google ...
For more than three years now, Apple TV has been the one Apple product that buyers were uncertain about. Originally billed as an iPod for your TV, early versions carried a hefty price tag -- $299 initially -- and some annoyances, including synchroniz...
The economy isn't the only thing that goes through cycles. Hype, believe it or not, is cyclical, too, according to the analysts at Gartner, who today released their 2010 Hype Cycle report. Technologies closing in on the "Peak of Inflated Expectations...
Australians are increasingly using their computers for watching movies and TV, playing games and listening to music.
A report released by Canon has shown that the television market is stronger than ever, with sales rising and viewers spending more time in front of the screen each day.
Toshiba is readying two 3D televisions that can produce images with the illusion of depth but don't require the user to wear glasses, it said Monday. It will launch the televisions in Japan in December. By dispensing with glasses, the TVs answer a ke...
The jailbreaking of Apple TV, days after shipping, is no surprise. The real delight will come in the weeks and months ahead, as hackers and developers start figuring out what to do with Apple's liberated set-top box.
Foxtel has launched an online video-on-demand service for its Foxtel iQ2 set-top boxes, allowing subscribers to purchase TV shows and movies directly from the device.
Apple will add App Store functionality to its new, miniature Apple TV in the near future, a Wall Street analyst said today.
Toshiba will unveil a 3D TV on Monday that doesn't require the viewer to wear glasses.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Samsung's squashing of malicious Tizen smart TV bugs is turning messy
- Report says Samsung's Tizen OS on smart TVs is a virtual playground for hackers
- Hisense displays successors to amazing Series 7 ULED - Series 8 and 9
- Sony shows off its new OLED and LCD TVs, video projector, and Bluetooth speakers
- Sony’s Bravia XBR-A1E OLED could be the first flat-screen TV with sound that doesn’t suck
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTICT Transformation Integration ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst, Wealth InvestmentNSW
- FTSharepoint Support AnalystVIC
- CCSystems Specialist - Network Systems l Port MacquarieQLD
- CCWindows Server EngineerNSW
- FTTest Analyst - Infrastructure - NV1 ClearanceACT
- FTSenior Agile Test AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Process Specialist - TelcoVIC
- TPBusiness Analyst - Qld Health - Short term contractQLD
- TPProject ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTSolution Architect (Voice/DATA/Network)SA
- FTJava Team LeadVIC
- FTSenior Software Engineer - JavaACT
- CCTibco Integration Specialist l Port MacquarieQLD
- FTProject Manager - Knowledge Management implementationVIC
- CCSAP CRM Functional AnalystQLD
- TPProject ManagerQLD
- FTFront End Web DeveloperACT
- FTICT Contract AnalystWA
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- TPLevel 2/3 Desktop Support AnalystVIC
- FTMobile Studio Manager/ Mobile UX Manager - GAME CHANGER!NSW
- TPEducation TechnologistNSW
- FTEngineer Control Systems SpecialistSA