Cut-price electronics manufacturer Kogan has announced a $99 Smart TV dongle. Like the recently unveiled Sony Google TV set-top box, the Kogan gora Smart TV runs on Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich, the latest version of Google’s smartphone- and tablet...
TVs - News
Sony is set to release a new Google TV set-top box in Australia which will be the first of its kind to be sold locally. The company has struggled to get traction with its Google TV products in the US, where the app-enabled boxes have proven unpopular...
An upcoming Google TV box based on Android 4.0 OS and an ARM processor will come closer to smartphones and tablets with the capability to play direct movie streams from Android 4.0 mobile devices, a set-top box maker said on Wednesday at the Computex...
Central and southern New South Wales, the Australian Capital Terrority and Murrumbidgee have completed the switchover to digital TV, turning off analog TV signals “forever” this morning.
Apple's expected foray into the crowded television set space could come sooner rather than later, based on the latest buzz about what the consumer electronics powerhouse may be planning.
Apple is planning to show off a new operating system for the Apple TV at the Worldwide Developers Conference, which kicks off 11 June. This new OS will run on the current Apple TV, as well as the HDTV Apple is planning to launch.
Apple CEO Tim Cook revealed that Apple has “some incredible things coming out,” and spent some time speaking about the television business, but he added that the company would “double down on secrecy on products”.
If you thought LG's 84in 4K HDTV was too crazy to be real, you probably won't believe in this insane 33-megapixel Super Hi-Vision-format camera.
The International Telecommunication Union has taken a big step towards the future of television broadcasting, with the release of a recommendation on the resolution of Ultra High Definition Television.
The Australian Government has begun a parliamentary inquiry into technology prices, and will report on whether Australians pay more for IT hardware, video games, e-books, music and videos sold online than buyers in the US, UK and the Asia-Pacific.
Australia is in the dark ages when it comes to online video on demand services, with users tied to redundant cable TV subscriptions or forced to pay high prices for new content.
Quickflix has launched its WatchNow app for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch. The app lets Quickflix subscribers watch movies and TV shows on their Apple devices, with a streaming subscription costing as little as $14.99 per month.
Quickflix users can now stream movies and TV shows directly to their Apple devices with the launch of dedicated apps for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch.
Australia is one step ahead of the US when it comes to online streaming of the popular TV show Game of Thrones: episodes of the show's currently-airing second season aren't available online through the US iTunes Store, Netflix or Hulu.
Sony has dropped over half of its existing TV line-up, with only nine TVs to be released this year. The line-up has been simplified from 2011’s 22 models, with the NX series discontinued and the HX and EX series consolidated into four models.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Samsung's squashing of malicious Tizen smart TV bugs is turning messy
- Report says Samsung's Tizen OS on smart TVs is a virtual playground for hackers
- Hisense displays successors to amazing Series 7 ULED - Series 8 and 9
- Sony shows off its new OLED and LCD TVs, video projector, and Bluetooth speakers
- Sony’s Bravia XBR-A1E OLED could be the first flat-screen TV with sound that doesn’t suck
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Huawei P10 smartphone review
- Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTSQL BI Report DeveloperQLD
- FTField Engineer - Hardware DeploymentsNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCScrum MasterNSW
- FTService Desk Analyst Level 2 SupportQLD
- CCNetwork Security Engineer - Finance - Contract - SydneyNSW
- FTProject Manager - ERP Experience NeededVIC
- CCSenior PMO AnalystNSW
- CCVDI EngineerACT
- FTSenior Front End Developer - BRISBANEWA
- FTSolution Architect (Voice/DATA/Network)SA
- TPSenior Java Developer - Contract till June 2018QLD
- TPDigital ProducerVIC
- FTProgram SchedulerVIC
- CC.Net DeveloperNSW
- FTIT ManagerNSW
- FT.Net DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Business AnalystQLD
- FTDigital Marketing Manager | Initial 6 Month ContractNSW
- FTStorage EngineerSA
- FTIT Security ConsultantNSW
- FTField Technician - Radio communication serviceACT
- FTApplication AnalystSA
- FTDevops EngineerVIC