Sony will next year launch a television capable of showing 3D images, it said on Wednesday at the IFA electronics fair in Berlin. The TV will be the first step in what is expected to be a big push by the consumer electronics company to popularize 3D ...
TVs - News
Ever want to blog about that crazy episode of True Blood or how dark and twisty Meredith is on Grey's Anatomy ?
Kodak has released images of a prototype flexible OLED screen that is able to work while submerged in water. OLED displays are generally highly sensitive to moisture.
More than half of all Australian households have completed the switch to digital television, according to Senator Stephen Conroy, the Minister for Broadband, Communications and the Digital Economy.
At LG's fifth annual summer line show in New York City, the company introduced two new HDTV lines, the SL80 and SL90. Both caught my attention for their attention to design.
Sharp and Sony have agreed to form a joint venture to operate a new LCD plant in Japan, completing a plan that was earlier postponed because of the global economic downturn.
Sony Electronics was early to offer HDTVs capable of connecting to the Internet, but the company has been missing one very obvious streaming video provider-until now. Today Sony unveiled its latest content partners, the most noteworthy of which is Ne...
LED-backlit HDTVs once were an expensive rarity, but that's changing. Sharp Electronics' new line of Aquos HDTVs offer the premium of LED backlighting. The advantage of LED backlighting: It can boost black levels and minimize power consumption, even ...
The economy might still be in a fragile condition but it seems consumers can't get enough of flat-panel televisions. Sharp plans to increase production of LCD panels by tens of thousands of screens per month after seeing increased demand from TV make...
LG Electronics plans to reorganize its factories in Mexico, closing one LCD TV factory and ending mobile phone production in the nation, the company said late Monday.
Web video site Joost is restructuring, abandoning its hopes to be a successful ad-supported Web TV provider. Instead it will sell its video-serving technology to other media companies.
Panasonic has a new weapon in its recycling arsenal for dealing with cathode ray tubes from old televisions: a powerful laser that can quickly weaken the thick glass and enable a three-fold increase in processing speed.
The U.S. International Trade Commission issued a decision Wednesday that blocks the U.S. import of LCD panels and LCD televisions made by Sharp, ruling that the company violated a patent held by rival Samsung Electronics.
At a press event in Sydney today, Australian company Kogan revealed plans to release 19in and 22in LED TVs within the next two months.
AU Optronics, the world's third largest make of LCD screens, is planning two new investments this year, one in solar panels and another in an LCD module venture in China.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 2 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 3 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 4 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Samsung's squashing of malicious Tizen smart TV bugs is turning messy
- Report says Samsung's Tizen OS on smart TVs is a virtual playground for hackers
- Hisense displays successors to amazing Series 7 ULED - Series 8 and 9
- Sony shows off its new OLED and LCD TVs, video projector, and Bluetooth speakers
- Sony’s Bravia XBR-A1E OLED could be the first flat-screen TV with sound that doesn’t suck
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Huawei P10 smartphone review
- Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- CCPega DeveloperSA
- FTService Desk Analyst Level 2 SupportQLD
- TPBI ConsultantNSW
- CCReporting System Specialist - Port MacquarieNSW
- CCSalesforce DeveloperNSW
- FTEnterprise Architect - Network and TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTUX / UI Designer MobileNSW
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- FTNodeJS and AngularJS DeveloperQLD
- FTSolution Architect - DatacentreVIC
- FTSplunk Software Developer | 6mth ContractVIC
- FTSolution Architect - NetworksWA
- TPSolution Architect - LIS ProgramQLD
- CCCommercial ManagerVIC
- FTFrontend DeveloperNSW
- CCProgram SupportVIC
- TPSenior Project Manager | DETQLD
- CCCCNP Network EngineerVIC
- FTSenior System AdministratorNSW
- FTJava Network DeveloperVIC
- FTManual Test AnalystQLD
- FTProject Control Analyst - PMONSW
- FTTechnology Project ManagerNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD