Samsung plans to release its 3D-compatible LED televisions in Australia, with models expected to be released in mid-April.
TVs - News
3D televisions were being hyped all over the show floor at the Consumer Electronics Show last week, with manufacturers gushing about an "Avatar effect" and hoping for a surge in high-end TV sales. But on the sidelines, even executives with a stake in...
The excitement around 3D TV at the International Consumer Electronics Show (CES) did not appear to be influencing companies at the AVN-Adult Entertainment Expo taking place at the same time, despite the fact that the adult industry is often a first m...
At its press conference at the Consumer Electronics Show this week, Samsung revealed dozens of products, including new TVs, home theater systems, and eBook readers as well as content partnerships with Dreamworks, Google, and others.
Budget online retailer Kogan Technologies has announced the launch of two new televisions using LED backlighting technology. Available in 26in and 32in sizes, the as-yet-unnamed televisions are priced at $599 and $799, respectively — significan...
LG Electronics' connected TVs are getting more connections - including support (with the addition of a Webcam accessory) for Skype video calls on many of its new sets. This expands on LG's introduction, last year, of sets with built-in support for vi...
Yahoo has signed up new partners for its Connected TV effort but also faces new competition from other companies looking to bring movies and applications from the Internet to the TV.
In a press conference almost as packed with product announcements as it was filled with weary members of the press, Samsung took the cover off of dozens products, including super-slim LED TVs, new e-book readers and capped it with content partnership...
3D is the big buzz here at CES, and the company started its press event by exhibiting its commitment to 3D with a live demo of 3D capture and display technology. Sony also introduced its lineup of 3D-capable HDTVs and Blu-ray players for 2010.
As expected, Panasonic's CES press conference dwelt heavily on the company's plans to bring 3D HDTVs mainstream, including model info on five plasma sets slated to ship by midyear, and a Blu-Ray Disc player. Panasonic also became the second CE vendor...
Samsung Electronics unveiled a strong line-up for the International Consumer Electronics Show (CES) on Wednesday, including a complete 3D home entertainment system and LED TVs with screens as thin as a pencil.
At a splashy press event at CES in Las Vegas, Toshiba trotted out its latest and greatest HDTV, the Cell TV, with its companion media center set-top box.
Discovery Communications and ESPN both are launching 3D television networks in the U.S., hoping to move the technology out of theaters and into the living room.
MIPS Technologies continues its push to use Google's Android mobile OS in a range of products with plans to show off the first Android-based set-top boxes and netbooks at the International Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas this week.
Skype users can now make high-definition video calls as long as they have an HD webcam and sufficient bandwidth and processing power, Skype said on Tuesday. The company also announced that HDTVs will ship later this year with its Internet calling sof...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Samsung's squashing of malicious Tizen smart TV bugs is turning messy
- Report says Samsung's Tizen OS on smart TVs is a virtual playground for hackers
- Hisense displays successors to amazing Series 7 ULED - Series 8 and 9
- Sony shows off its new OLED and LCD TVs, video projector, and Bluetooth speakers
- Sony’s Bravia XBR-A1E OLED could be the first flat-screen TV with sound that doesn’t suck
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCSystems Specialist - Network Systems l Port MacquarieNSW
- FTSenior Software Engineer - JavaACT
- TPBusiness Analyst (BI Focus)WA
- CCResource AnalystNSW
- FTPHP DeveloperNSW
- TPPMO LeadNSW
- CCSenior Domain ArchitectVIC
- TPLinux System AdministratorQLD
- CCTraining Lead - TelcoVIC
- CCPersonal AssistantNSW
- FTPMO Project Analytics and Tools ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCFull Stack Developers x4!QLD
- TPInfrastructure ArchitectQLD
- FTProject Manager (Cyber Security) - Permanent - IT Services - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCSAP CRM Functional AnalystACT
- FTUX DesignerNSW
- FTDesktop Support/ Field Services EngineerQLD
- CCDocument ControllerNSW
- FTOracle E-Business Technical ConsultantVIC
- FTIntegration DeveloperWA
- FTDatacentre Solution ArchitectVIC
- FTPre-Sales Solution Architect - Global Cloud OrganisationVIC
- FTFinance AnalystNSW