Few tech categories have managed to innovate over the past 10+ years like TVs. Perhaps there was a slight lull in 2015 but otherwise every new year brings a big advance in TV technology.
Panasonic's latest 4K UHD smart TV is the best overall TV we've tested so far. But it's not by much and it's very expensive indeed!
Good Gear Guide Editor talks to Matt Summerill on 2UE's Smart Shopper radio show
Samsung chops its 2016 TV range into affordable and expensive product lines which come with, sometimes-haphazard, price increases. At the top are the 8000 and 9000 series models.
Samsung chops its 2016 range into affordable to expensive models which come with, sometimes-haphazard, price increases. So what do you get and is it worth paying for?
The ULED Series 7 TVs come in the following sizes (all flat): 50in ($1,499), 55in ($1,999), 65in (3,499), 70in ($3,999), 75in ($4,999).
Sony’s new 4K TVs have launched and pose a threat to LG’s OLED technology with their High Dynamic Range (HDR) technology and relatively-low price.
Flat screen: 55-inches Curved screen: 65-inches
Over the past months we’ve reviewed most of the best TVs on the market. Here we summarize which you should buy next and why. All of these are 4K Ultra High Definition TVs which support High Dynamic Range (unless otherwise stated). They will last you for years. All prices listed are for the 55-inch variants for the sake of comparison and also because it represents both a “sweet spot” price point and size for what TV you should buy.
While the price of some premium 4K TVs is falling rapidly, there are some ‘less premium’ models hitting the market that are dramatically cheaper. And they’re pretty good too. TCL’s $1799, 55-inch C155US is one of them and, coming in at less-than-half of the price of the latest Sony flagship equivalent we wondered, is it really worth paying more?
At the IFA trade show, Samsung Electronics and Motorola Mobility aim to show that their smartwatches can compete with Apple, Sony needs to demonstrate that it's still a relevant smartphone manufacturer, and LG want to convince customers that it's time to buy a new TV.
The X9400C has an LED-backlit LCD panel that spans 75-inches. It supports ultra high definition (UHD) content with a resolution of 3840x2160, is powered by Sony’s X1 processor and it is backed by the company’s suite of proprietary technologies.
Should you buy a UHD TV? What about OLED? Which ecosystem do I want to belong to? Will it work with my smart TV? Does size matter? All this and more answered in our comprehensive TV buying guide.
LG’s 55EG960T is a 55-inch television that combines the holy trinity of emerging technologies. Along with its OLED panel, there is an ultra-high-definition (UHD, aka 4K) resolution and a curved form factor.
Firefox is the operating system found on Panasonic’s 2015 televisions, including the CX700A, a 60-inch smart television powered by a quad-core processor. It sits at the premium end of the range and is available as a 50-, 55- and 65-inch set.
Get your complimentary whitepaper here
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 3 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 4 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Smartwatches, smartphones and TVs will vie for IFA spotlight
- Sharp's latest 4K TV adds yellow subpixel for 8K resolution
- Attention, binge watchers: New 4K TVs from LG are 'Netflix recommended'
- TVs are the linchpin in Samsung's Internet of Things future
- What you need to know about Samsung's 2014 TVs
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- Ford Everest Trend RWD 3.2L Diesel review
- Ford Everest Trend in its natural habitat
- Linksys Velop mesh WiFi review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTNetwork Engineer - TelecommunicationsOther
- FTTest AnalystOther
- FTSenior Software Engineer | Data Feeds | AI & AutomationOther
- CCThe job "Automation Test Analyst Guidewire " is now ExpiredQLD
- FTSenior Systems AdministratorOther
- FTSenior Software Engineer | Data Feeds | SaaS FintechOther
- FTAccount Manager (Infrastructure Transition) - MULTIPLE ROLESSA
- FTLevel 1 Service Desk AnalystQLD
- FTNetwork ArchitectVIC
- FTSenior Analyst Programmer - Equities or DerivativesOther
- CCWS02 Senior DeveloperNSW
- CCCore Java Front End DeveloperNSW
- FTDigital Business Analyst| 6 month contract roleOther
- FTData & Analytics Business Development PrincipalOther
- FTBusiness Development ManagerOther
- FTBusiness Development Lead - Digital StrategistOther
- FTMicrosoft Azure Cloud EngineerQLD
- CCProject AdministratorNSW
- TPPMO ManagerQLD
- CCStorage SpecialistVIC
- FTFull Stack ASP.NET DeveloperOther
- CCCore Java Front End DeveloperNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager - Innovative Software companyNSW
- CCJava DeveloperQLD
- FTChief Digital OfficerNZ