GE Global Research, the technology development arm of the General Electric Co. said Monday it has made a breakthrough in holographic optical disc storage, saying its researchers have developed material that can support as much as 500GB of capacity on...
Storage & Servers - News
Texas Memory Systems has added a less expensive, faster and smaller form-factor flash storage array to its line of solid-state products.
Advanced Micro Devices Inc. last week said it will release a six-core Opteron processor in June, five months ahead of schedule. And it detailed plans to add chips supporting up to 12 cores next year and 16 in 2011.
Chinese manufacturers hope to sell hundreds of thousands of optical disc players for a locally developed next-generation disc format this year, a spokesman for an industry group promoting the format said Friday.
Advanced Micro Devices is designing a server chip with up to 16 cores, quadrupling the count of its current quad-core server chips, the company said Wednesday.
Seagate Corp. Tuesday announced a new family of lower-power 3.5-in desktop hard-disk drives the company said have the highest performance and best power efficiency in their class.
Oracle may end up merging the best of OpenSolaris with Linux once it takes control of Sun Microsystems, but it is unlikely to kill off Sun's widely used Solaris OS, analysts said.
Chinese online game firm NetEase.com will buy all-new servers to start operating World of Warcraft in China this year, potentially leaving masses of unused computing clusters in the hands of the current Chinese operator.
Intel Corp. has released a firmware upgrade for its consumer solid-state disk drive, the X25-M, which suffers from fragmentation issues resulting in performance degradation over time.
Commercial solid state drives (SSDs) have finally started reaching the capacities found in the hard disk world, with the release of a new 512GB drive from US storage startup Super Talent.
Microsoft Corp. Wednesday announced the 10th member of its Windows Server 2008 family with a new version of the server operating system aimed at companies with fewer than 15 employees.
Corsair Memory Inc. Tuesday introduced a USB flash drive adapter that it said creates a push-button file backup for computers when any flash drive is plugged into it.
Fujitsu is aiming to almost double sales of servers in the next two years as it absorbs Fujitsu Siemens Computers and reorganizes many aspects of its servers business into a single, global organization.
Western Digital Corp. Monday announced that it has completed a $65 million cash acquisition of SiliconSystems, Inc., a small, Aliso Viejo, Calif.-based maker of solid-state drives.
Dell is set to update on Wednesday the virtualized storage line it acquired in its purchase of EqualLogic last year, now aiming at the needs of larger enterprises.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Join the newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- IBM targets x86 server territory with new Power servers
- Toshiba's new SSD line features rock-bottom pricing
- Apple announces hybrid drive technology in Macs
- WD launches new portable hard drives for Windows PCs, Macs
- Chip maker Adapteva aims to speed up smartphones
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- iPhone 8
- Canon 6D MK II: Full, in-depth review
- Panasonic’s EX600U UHD HDR TV + HTB688 soundbar:
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCSAP ABAP DevelopersVIC
- FTDigital Marketing ExecutiveOther
- FTIT Security Assurance AnalystOther
- CCLinux & Windows Systems Engineer - BrisbaneQLD
- FTOffice 365 and Cloud Business AnalystOther
- TPLead Data Business AnalystQLD
- CCMultiple Business AnalystsACT
- CCJunior / Mid level Hogan Technical Consultant - BrisbaneNSW
- CCMigration EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTSystems AnalystsOther
- FTCustomer Marketing ExecutiveOther
- CCSalesforce Business AnalystNSW
- FTNet DeveloperOther
- CCSCCM EngineerNSW
- TPLead Business AnalystNSW
- FTHR Analyst - Remuneration & PerformanceOther
- FTIT Contract ManagerWA
- TPApplication Packaging & Support ConsultantVIC
- FTTeam Lead, Asset Mgmt & OperationsOther
- TPIT Security EngineerQLD
- TPBusiness AnalystACT
- TPFront End DeveloperWA
- CCNetwork Data AdminVIC
- FTChange ConsultantOther