Nearly three-quarters of European data centre managers are concerned about the impact that environmental regulation could have on data centres - although 60 percent of companies now have green data centre policies in place.
Storage & Servers - News
One year ago, IBM made a play for the Web 2.0 market with iDataPlex, a server cluster designed for the needs of Web sites such as Facebook and MySpace.
A solid state drive device that promises to embed SAN performance on a single PCIe card, bringing faster data access times, lower power consumption and operating costs, and a considerably smaller physical footprint to network storage solutions, has b...
The scoop: Replica backup storage device, by Seagate, about $200 (for 500GB version; 250GB version costs $130)
As part of ongoing efforts to save money that include staff and operating cost reductions, Seagate Technology today announced a restructuring plan that will mean cutting an additional 1,100 workers. That amounts to about 2.5% of the company's global ...
Samsung Electronics Co. announced today that it is shipping a 32GB NAND memory card, the highest-density embedded memory card to date and one that offers twice the capacity of previous cards.
Microsoft Corp. on Tuesday gave a strong, though qualified, endorsement for running Windows 7 on PCs equipped with solid-state disk (SSD) drives, saying it has tuned the upcoming operating system to run faster on the still-emerging storage technology...
Verizon Communications Inc.'s business division Wednesday announced the global launch of its Verizon Remote Backup and Restore program, an expanded suite of managed services that perform automatic data backup and restore functions for servers and PCs...
Microsoft will take aim at IBM Thursday in a Web campaign touting Windows Server on Intel-based hardware as a better, more economical performer than IBM's AIX and RISC server platform.
Microsoft runs the risk of cannibalizing some server sales with the release of Windows Server 2008 Foundation Edition, a low-end version of the server operating system that will ship installed on servers that cost as little as US$500. But the potenti...
The NSW Electoral Commission (NSWEC) will leave Linux for Windows Server when it develops its new vote counting and reporting application, which is slated to cost $1.4 million over the next two years.
U.K. archiving software vendor Clearpace is launching a virtual appliance version of its data compression product NParchive, it said on Wednesday.
Hitachi Data Systems Tuesday announced the release of three new software products to provide enhanced monitoring of business applications, virtualized servers and the storage they use.
Sun Microsystems reported a sharp drop in revenue for its third fiscal quarter, as the company battled uncertainty about its future along with the global recession.
Advanced Micro Devices has pulled dual-core server processors from its product lineup, also cutting prices of some Opteron chips by close to 43 percent.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 2 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
- 3 Huawei GR5 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Ring Video Doorbell review
- 5 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
Join the newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- IBM targets x86 server territory with new Power servers
- Toshiba's new SSD line features rock-bottom pricing
- Apple announces hybrid drive technology in Macs
- WD launches new portable hard drives for Windows PCs, Macs
- Chip maker Adapteva aims to speed up smartphones
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- First Look: The Evil Within 2
- Huawei Y5 (2017)
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- FTProgram Level Agile CoachOther
- CCJava DeveloperACT
- FTSenior DeveloperWA
- CCOrganisational Change ManagerNSW
- CCProgrammer Analyst - BrisbaneVIC
- FTLevel 3 Desktop EngineerOther
- FTe-Learning Instructional DesignerOther
- FTInfrastructure/Cloud Architect - Government OrganisationVIC
- FTSenior Pega DeveloperOther
- TPDesktop Support ConsultantVIC
- FTCorporate ReceptionistOther
- CCProject SAP Asset CoordinatorNSW
- FTSenior SAP Training LeadOther
- FTSharepoint ConsultantOther
- FTMulesoft Integration DeveloperOther
- CCIT Service Desk AnalystACT
- FTBusiness Transformation LeadOther
- CCMobile DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior IT Business AnalystVIC
- CCDesktop Support Engineer - Hunter ValleyNSW
- FTProject Manager - ApplicationsOther
- CCTest ManagerVIC
- CCProject CoordinatorVIC
- FTSAP PM Functional ConsultantOther