Nearly three-quarters of European data centre managers are concerned about the impact that environmental regulation could have on data centres - although 60 percent of companies now have green data centre policies in place.
Storage & Servers - News
One year ago, IBM made a play for the Web 2.0 market with iDataPlex, a server cluster designed for the needs of Web sites such as Facebook and MySpace.
A solid state drive device that promises to embed SAN performance on a single PCIe card, bringing faster data access times, lower power consumption and operating costs, and a considerably smaller physical footprint to network storage solutions, has b...
The scoop: Replica backup storage device, by Seagate, about $200 (for 500GB version; 250GB version costs $130)
As part of ongoing efforts to save money that include staff and operating cost reductions, Seagate Technology today announced a restructuring plan that will mean cutting an additional 1,100 workers. That amounts to about 2.5% of the company's global ...
Samsung Electronics Co. announced today that it is shipping a 32GB NAND memory card, the highest-density embedded memory card to date and one that offers twice the capacity of previous cards.
Microsoft Corp. on Tuesday gave a strong, though qualified, endorsement for running Windows 7 on PCs equipped with solid-state disk (SSD) drives, saying it has tuned the upcoming operating system to run faster on the still-emerging storage technology...
Verizon Communications Inc.'s business division Wednesday announced the global launch of its Verizon Remote Backup and Restore program, an expanded suite of managed services that perform automatic data backup and restore functions for servers and PCs...
Microsoft will take aim at IBM Thursday in a Web campaign touting Windows Server on Intel-based hardware as a better, more economical performer than IBM's AIX and RISC server platform.
Microsoft runs the risk of cannibalizing some server sales with the release of Windows Server 2008 Foundation Edition, a low-end version of the server operating system that will ship installed on servers that cost as little as US$500. But the potenti...
The NSW Electoral Commission (NSWEC) will leave Linux for Windows Server when it develops its new vote counting and reporting application, which is slated to cost $1.4 million over the next two years.
U.K. archiving software vendor Clearpace is launching a virtual appliance version of its data compression product NParchive, it said on Wednesday.
Hitachi Data Systems Tuesday announced the release of three new software products to provide enhanced monitoring of business applications, virtualized servers and the storage they use.
Sun Microsystems reported a sharp drop in revenue for its third fiscal quarter, as the company battled uncertainty about its future along with the global recession.
Advanced Micro Devices has pulled dual-core server processors from its product lineup, also cutting prices of some Opteron chips by close to 43 percent.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 2 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 3 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 4 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- IBM targets x86 server territory with new Power servers
- Toshiba's new SSD line features rock-bottom pricing
- Apple announces hybrid drive technology in Macs
- WD launches new portable hard drives for Windows PCs, Macs
- Chip maker Adapteva aims to speed up smartphones
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- MSI GE72 7RE Apache Pro gaming laptop review
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- CCIdentity Access Management - Business AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Network Architect - CCIEVIC
- CCService DeskSA
- CCData AnalystNSW
- CCSAP ISU Functional ConsultantVIC
- FTJunior .Net DeveloperNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTLearning & Development Consultant, Wealth ManagementNSW
- CCWeb DesignerQLD
- FTProject Coordinator - Digital Applications (IT)NSW
- CCImplementation Manager/PlannerACT
- TPSenior Java Developer - Contract till June 2018QLD
- TPSenior Developer - API - Data ReportingNSW
- FTLead Drupal DeveloperQLD
- CCSplunk Software DeveloperVIC
- CCWCEM DeveloperACT
- FTIteration ManagerQLD
- FTScrum MasterNSW
- FTNetwork AdministratorQLD
- TPReporting DeveloperWA
- FTSenior Infrastructure Engineer (Windows & Virtualization)VIC
- CCImplementation Manager/PlannerVIC
- TPInfrastructure Project ManagerQLD