Microsoft on Tuesday patched 20 vulnerabilities, more than half of them rated critical, in 11 separate security updates for Windows, Office, Internet Explorer (IE), Active Directory and the Host Integration Server.
Security Centre - News
A staggering 90 percent of respondents to a PC Advisor poll admit that they don't regularly change their online password.
It's the mother of all patch days for enterprise IT shops, with both Microsoft and Oracle releasing critical software updates Tuesday.
Zylotech Limited [ASX: ZYL] has become the first company to offer a surveillance suite compatible with the iPhone 3G.
Count the World Bank Group among the high-profile organizations suffering major data breaches - maybe.
Security software suites are doing a poor job of detecting when a PC's software is under attack, according to Danish vendor Secunia.
Scammers are sending out phoney e-mails that claim to include critical Windows security alerts, Microsoft warned Monday.
Microsoft will debut vulnerability predictions today when it issues 11 security updates for Windows, Office and Internet Explorer.
A number of servers at the World Bank Group were repeatedly breached for more than a year by different intruders but it is not clear how much data might have been compromised in the attacks, Fox News reported Friday.
The Internet attack took Yahoo engineers by surprise. It came so fast and with such intensity that Yahoo, then the Web's second most-popular destination, was knocked offline for about three hours.
Apple patched 40 vulnerabilities in Mac OS X last week -- more than half of them labeled with the company's equivalent of "critical" -- and in the process broke the 250-bug bar for the year.
Microsoft has acknowledged that exploit code is circulating for a vulnerability it acknowledged six months ago, but has yet to patch.
Next week will be a busy one for system administrators as Microsoft is planning to ship 11 security updates -- four of them rated critical -- for its products.
A popular free security tool for the Firefox browser has been upgraded to block one of the most dangerous and troubling security problems facing the Web today.
The security researchers who two weeks ago warned of new "clickjacking" vulnerabilities in browsers, Web sites and popular plug-ins, revealed a dozen variants of the bug Tuesday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 2 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 3 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 4 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Wanawiki is the WannaCry fix that might save affected PCs—if you work fast
- WikiLeaks: CIA used bits of Carberp Trojan code for malware deployment
- LastPass is scrambling to fix another serious vulnerability
- BlackBerry readies a more secure version of the Samsung Galaxy S7
- Hacker hijacks thousands of publicly exposed printers to warn owners
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- MSI GE72 7RE Apache Pro gaming laptop review
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTSenior Software Engineer - JavaQLD
- FTSnr Technical Salesforce Consultant Global IT Managed Services - SydneyNSW
- TPSenior Project ManagerVIC
- FTSharepoint AdministratorQLD
- CCSAP ISU Functional ConsultantVIC
- FTAgile CoachNSW
- CCInfrastructure Business AnalystNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerACT
- FTPrincipal Consultant / Account Delivery Executive.NSW
- CCGIS DeveloperQLD
- FTApplication AnalystSA
- CCChange AnalystNSW
- FTProject Control Analyst - PMONSW
- FTEnterprise ArchitectVIC
- CCGIS Consultant/ Developer - BRISBANEQLD
- CCService DeskSA
- FTIT Data ArchitectACT
- CCIdentity Access Management - Business AnalystVIC
- CCTesting Manager - Energy sectorVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectWA
- FTSupport Analyst - TallymanVIC
- FTSenior iOS DeveloperNSW
- FTIT Support EngineerNSW