The city of Taipei is demanding that Sony provide details about any leak of PlayStation Network user data following an intrusion last week or face fines.
Security Centre - News
The massive Sony PlayStation Network data breach that exposed personal and password information -- and possibly credit cards -- of an estimated 77 million people is an identity-theft bonanza.
Google today patched 27 vulnerabilities in Chrome as it boosted the "stable" build of the browser to version 11 on Windows, Mac and Linux.
Iran claims to have discovered new malware it is calling the Stars worm attacking the nation's critical infrastructure. But, the lack of any sample of the new threat make many security experts skeptical.
It's been six days and the PlayStation Network is still offline, and now Sony has acknowledged that the problem involved a security breach.
Sony's top executive in charge of its games division appeared in front of journalists in Tokyo on Tuesday but failed to address an outage of the company's PlayStation Network that is now in its sixth day and is affecting up to 75 million customers.
If there's a lesson to be learned from last year's Stuxnet worm, it's that the private sector needs to be able to respond quickly to cyber-emergencies, the head of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security said Monday.
Seattle police are investigating a group of criminals who they say have been cruising around town in a black Mercedes stealing credit card data by tapping into wireless networks belonging to area businesses.
Do you know what your employees are doing on the Web? At a minimum, they're probably goofing off watching YouTube videos. At worst, they could be steering your company toward financial ruin. In this quick guide, I'll show you how to keep an eye on em...
Verizon's just-released "2011 Data Breach Investigations Report" says businesses could prevent most data breaches if they stick to security principles that are cheap and easy to implement.
Criminals carried out more but smaller data thefts last year than in previous years, indicating a shift toward simpler exploits that run lower risk of punishment, according to Verizon's latest data breach report.
In a move that is unlikely to win it any new friends in the privacy community, Yahoo has announced that it will retain consumer search data for a substantially longer period of time than it does today.
Authorities in South Korea are probing a large system failure at a popular bank, trying to determine whether the incident was an error or a cybercrime that could be repeated elsewhere in the country where business leans largely on electronic transact...
When Google admitted last year that it had been targeted by sophisticated hackers, possibly from China, it introduced a new term into the high technology lexicon -- the advanced persistent threat. These attacks are sophisticated, targeted, and almost...
One day after a hacker posted screen shots and data to a hacking mailing list, saying he had broken into a New Mexico wind turbine facility, the company that runs the turbines says it has seen no evidence of a computer intrusion.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Ring Video Doorbell review
- 2 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 4 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 5 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
Join the newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Wanawiki is the WannaCry fix that might save affected PCs—if you work fast
- WikiLeaks: CIA used bits of Carberp Trojan code for malware deployment
- LastPass is scrambling to fix another serious vulnerability
- BlackBerry readies a more secure version of the Samsung Galaxy S7
- Hacker hijacks thousands of publicly exposed printers to warn owners
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- Ford Everest Trend RWD 3.2L Diesel review
- Ford Everest Trend in its natural habitat
- Linksys Velop mesh WiFi review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTDesktop Support OfficerOther
- CCOffice Administration - TelcoVIC
- FTFront End Developer - DigitalOther
- CCMaterial Outsourcing ConsultantVIC
- FTSolutions ArchitectACT
- FTData ModellerACT
- TPSenior .NET AWS DeveloperNSW
- FTField Engineers - Telecommunications ProjectsNSW
- TPSenior Systems AnalystVIC
- CCProgram CoordinatorVIC
- CCJava DeveloperQLD
- CCTechnology support specialistNSW
- FTSenior Agile ConsultantOther
- FTProject ManagerACT
- FTWeb Designer (Drupal 7)Other
- FTApplication Support Analyst - SMSF solutionsOther
- FTSenior DevOps Consultant, Financial ServicesNSW
- FTSecurity ArchitectOther
- TPProject CoordinatorVIC
- FTSenior Technical ConsultantACT
- TPSenior Communications ManagerACT
- CCSenior .Net Developer/ Front end DeveloperQLD
- FTRecruitment ConsultantACT
- FTData DeveloperOther
- FTSenior Infrastructure Business Analyst - 2 Yr Fixed TermVIC