Acer has launched a funky-looking gaming PC
Notebooks & PCs - Slideshows
Here are 10 cool ways to add useful new features and functionality to your laptop.
During a low-key function in Sydney, Sony unveiled its latest notebook -- the Sony Vaio VGN-Z17GN.
Blogger Ron Barrett has scoured the IT world to bring you this list of affordably priced business productivity tools that run on any desktop (many are even free). Also check out Barrett's full review of each tool in his A Better Windows World blog.
The HP Mini-Note PC is one of the best ultraportable laptops on the market for under $1000. The best part is that its RAM and hard drive are easily upgradeable.
The Linux version of the Aspire One ships with 512MB of RAM. However, there is a free SO-DIMM slot for you to add a DDR2 module but it can be tricky to get to it, as there is no access panel underneath the unit.
Who doesn't want better graphics quality from their notebook PC? You can get there by doing it yourself. But be warned: If the upgrade is possible at all for your laptop, it can be a time-consuming operation that involves disassembling virtually your entire notebook, so don't enter into this process unless you are willing to accept the risk of doing serious harm to your machine. That said, if done properly, this project can give you noticeably higher frame rates in the end. The process should take about 45 minutes all up, and it's not a procedure for novices. Here's how we did it...<br><i>Photograph: Charlie Nucci</i>
At 10in, the MSI Wind is perhaps the perfect low-cost ultraportable laptop on the market. It possesses good speed for Web browsing and office applications and plenty of storage, and it's very comfortable to use. Because we're naturally curious about the way these types of laptops are put together, we opened the Wind and took a peek inside. The biggest surprise was the 2.5in SATA hard drive, which takes up the majority of the space.
Yesterday Toshiba unveiled its new line-up of consumer and business notebooks, with an ultramobile prototype stealing the show.
We all know that the Eee PC 901 is better than its predecessor, but what makes it tick? We peeled the top layer off our test unit to take a look inside.
Intel released its latest-generation Centrino platform yesterday -- Centrino 2, which is also known by its codename 'Montevina'. There is a big push for high-definition content with the new platform, which Intel says will decode Blu-ray movies better than the Santa Rosa platform (the previous-generation Centrino platform) and also last longer while not plugged in to an outlet. Nearly all notebook vendors were present at the launch today, but Dell and Apple were conspicuously absent.
While we're enduring winter, over in the US summer is just kicking into gear. And nothing says summer more than a bunch of awesome gear and toys. GamePro (US) went out and rounded up some amazing tech that's sure to help you maximise your time in the sun. Once we finally get some Down Under! So grab your lawn chairs and your sunscreen as we unveil GamePro's Summer Vacation Gear Guide for 2008.
The Acer Aspire One is set to compete with ASUS' Eee PC and HP's Mini-Note PC. It's pretty much the same size as the Eee PC, but has some exciting features (including Intel's Atom CPU) and it looks fantastic. If you're after a new ultraportable laptop, or 'netbook', as the manufacturers like to call them, this one is as just as good as the Eee PC, if not better.
Before the Eee PC 901 hits Aussie shores, we go under the hood of the original Eee PC to find out what makes it tick.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 2 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 3 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
- 4 Huawei GR5 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Ring Video Doorbell review
Join the newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- ASUS Announces Two New Entries into the VivoBook Range with the VivoBook 14 and VivoBook 15
- MSI Wins Computex Best Choice Award 2017 for a Record-Breaking 5 Products
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Microsoft beefs up its Surface Book and Surface Pro 4
- Microsoft plants flagship store on Sydney’s Pitt Street
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- Moto E4:
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- First Look: The Evil Within 2
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- CCJunior and Senior SQL DeveloperACT
- FTTechnical Digital Producer | 6 Month ContractOther
- FTIT Security SpecialistACT
- FTService Desk Analyst (Night Shift)Other
- FTTechnical Support SpecialistACT
- CCData AnalystNSW
- FTCyber Security Project ManagerOther
- FTCustomer Service RepresentativeOther
- FTSenior Business Objects DeveloperACT
- CCHogan Technical Consultant - BrisbaneQLD
- CCICT Lead / Senior Java DeveloperVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectWA
- FTSenior Change AnalystOther
- CCMultiple Xamarin DevelopersVIC
- TPC++ DeveloperNSW
- FTCustomer Marketing ExecutiveOther
- FTSenior Technical Business Analyst/BSAOther
- FTInfrastructure Project ManagerOther
- CCProgram / Project Support AnalystVIC
- CCMultiple Hadoop Developers Canberra, Brisbane, Melbourne or AdelaideACT
- FTMid - Senior Web DeveloperWA
- FTBusiness Intelligence DeveloperSA
- FTProject ManagerSA
- CCData & Reporting AnalystVIC